Thursday 16 January 2020

Start now - Aleksandra Mihelic

Hello dear Finnabair friends and fans. First let me wish you a blessed, prosperous and happy new year of 2020. May it be a year of new adventures, creating new happy moments, a year of reconnecting with people in your lives. I personally try to evaluate each year what was good and what has some space for improvements in my life. It’s not like a new year resolution, but it’s like a year evaluation and trying to plan best for the year to come. But this doesn't refer only to my work but a major part of it is evaluating my life. My relationships with people, my response to things happening to me, the importance of things in my life and prioritizing, … So, I’m stepping into new year with some new decisions, some new priorities, hoping this will improve the quality of my life for the future years. With each year that passes by, I’m becoming more and more aware of the importance of true friendships, good and meaningful relationships with people around us, taking care of our bodies and souls,… Because of some health issues I wasn’t creating much in the past few months and it was really hard for me to start again. But this project that I’m sharing with you today, came with such an easiness and straight from my heart. I hope it will inspire you and bring you some joy.


I decided to work on a kitchen cutting board and alter it. I first applied some Graphite texture paste through one of the amazing Finnabair stencils, let it dry and then added some pieces of Dusty Attic chipboards on top. I added some colour with Green-Grey rust effect paste from Military set and also coloured a big leafy chipboard piece with it. Then I added two round Prima frames in the middle of my composition. Behind the smaller frame I added a piece of cardboard and dressed it into “Solar” Tissue paper. I added some mechanicals Butterfly wings and a label with a quote. Then I attached everything onto my base, added some mechanical leaves and some Prima flowers and dry-brushed everything with some White Heavy Gesso. 








I also have a video tutorial for you on Finnabair studio youtube channel, so you can follow along the proccess if you wish to.



I hope you liked my project and you will draw some inspiration from it for your future projects.
I wish to you all the best and see you back soon!
Hugs, Aleksandra


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...