Sunday 5 January 2020

Canvas "Find yourself" by Olya Kravets

Hello lovely creative friends! Today I'd like to share with you my new Mixed media canvas. This time you will find a story about a multi-layer canvas with my favorite Impasto paints, Fantasy Pastes and Mechanicals from Finnabair.



I used Impasto Paint for the base, it is a dense material that is so interesting to work with and create colorful backgrounds. I take a few shades and mix them. But first, to make the background more textured, I apply a bit of Paper Texture Paste. When the first layer is completely dry, I just use my fingers to highlight the texture using a contrasting Impasto Paint color. It's simple and so nice for an artist!


I cover all the details of decorative elements with Fantasy Paste blue and patina. I like the small texture that comes with these pastes, because they have small grains and it looks so alive! I count light and dark shades of the same color for variety and contrast. When the elements are ready I create a composition.



To add more color, I use a bright orange color of Wax and apply it here and there. It gives radiance and looks just incredible. And to add an effect of contrast I took Art Ingredients - melange vintage art pebbles and a few metal elements. A little more Art Stones and glitter and all my love and work is ready!



I invite you to watch my video tutorial to see the whole process of creating my project. Enjoy!



I hope you are inspired by my video and already choose your favorite products to create something new! Be free in your creativity and love what you do! Create with your soul, tell your stories and your feelings, share with us and love what you are doing!

Thank you for visit us today here on Finnabair blog
With love, Olya. 


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...