Monday 6 January 2020

Mixed media frame by Kasia Salmanowicz

Welcome to the New Year!
Time flies so fast, but the new year is new challenges! I hope so and wish you all wonderful ideas and lots of creativity.
Today I have prepared for you a mixed media frame with various types of metal embellishments, which I like to combine with natural elements, such as for example sticks. They are so great for any mixed media projects.


I secured my HDF medallion with a thin layer of Clear Gesso so that the surface does not absorb water. Then I applied cracking paste in some places. Later, just playing with the composition.




In the Mixed Media Place store you can find great patterns of metal accessories from Finnabair. Many of these metals already have a characteristic, rustic look. They look really great. To achieve a similar effect on the surface of the medallion and other additions, I used dark brown Impasto paint. Then I used Liquid acrylic paints in shades of brown and orange. They are slightly shiny when dry. After drying, a little metallic paint.





You can see the whole process of creating this project in the tutorial. I invite you to watch.



Hugs,
Kasia Salmanowicz

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...