Sunday 12 January 2020

January Art Recipe

Hello friends,

It's our first Art Recipe in new year! We are happy to inspire you for another year :) Today Art Recipe colours have nothing in common with current season, but this could be the best way to turn your thoughts towards more warm and sunny weather and environment than the ones we have outside now :) Our this month Guest Designer is Alicja Staszak. She and our Creative Team members prepared projects, that we hope will inspire you :)

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live usually each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:
 Art Extravagance: Icing Paste
 Art Alchemy: Metallique Paints
 Art Ingredients: Melange - Art Pebbles
 Tissue Paper

The colours: green-olive, romance pink, vintage gold





If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till February, 15th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.


This month Guest Designer is Alicja Staszak:



Hello crafty friends! It's a great pleasure to be here as a guest designer showing you my mixed media work.
This month's Art Recipe with green and vintage gold in the palette inspired me to create something wild and related to the nature. Except for metals, resin shapes and chipboards, I used many natural elements such as twigs painted with white gesso, moss and some dried plants. For me, it's one of the best ways to to diversify the project.  






From the listed products I've chosen my favourite metallique acrylic paints, icing paste mixed with green pigment and sugar pebbles.
I decided on a bigger base - a rectangular canvas which I covered with white gesso and add beautiful patterns using two stencils and texture paste. I had so much fun creating textures with little art stones, microbeads and glitter.






Products used:




Inspiration from our Design Team:


We have just turned some first pages of new year. Even though no big changes happen overnight, this one night – last night in year, is a bit special and brings us all a new hope, new challenges and new dreams for the year to come. In tune with this thought is also my today’s project for first Art Recipe challenge in the year 2020 - “Dream without fear”.



I made a composition on a piece of a tree trunk slice, using all the amazing this month’s Art Recipe ingredients – tissue paper, icing paste, Metallique Art Alchemy Paints, Art Pebbles and few aditional Finnabair Art supplies. I first dry-brushed a wooden piece with some white gesso and then applied some torned tissue paper on top, covering it with a coat of Clear Gesso. Then I added some stenciling with Vintage gold Icing paste.



When dry I applied some Golden Moss green Metallique Art Alchemy paint and a bit of a Romance Pink Metallique Art Alchemy paint. I added two angels which I aged a bit using Vintage gold Metallique wax. I used some Mechanicals and some Prima flowers  to embellish my composition and I added some Gold glass glitter and some Pebbles for the finishing touch.





I hope that my project inspired you to play with this month’s Recipe ingredients. I can’t wait to see your beautiful creations.





For this month Art Recipe I made this project on wooden house-shaped base. The combination of colors was not very obvious to me, but it turned out that they match very well. I covered the entire wooden base with tissue paper, which gives a very delicate background, without overwhelming the rest of the composition. And it consists of many metal and chipboard elements, gears and mechanisms. However, the selected colors add delicacy and romance to these mechanical elements.


To make all elements match the color, I also created my art pebbles. I used a diamond pebbles that I painted from below with selected Art Alchemy paint colors. I recommend you this way of creating your own additions - it looks great.










* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post
2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog
3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on February 15th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of February.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...