Wednesday 22 January 2020

Brand Ambassadors' Spotlight


Dear friends,
As each month we would like to invite you to meet my Brand Ambassadors and be inspired by their projects. Spotlight is great opportunity to see their techniques and their way of using my products. . Each month there is a theme, a colour, or a product, that will be a focus for our Ambassadors' projects.


This month the host is Vasilis Kontos and he decided to focus on Impasto Paints. All projects are basing on Impasto Paints, that are thick, creamy, opaque, highly pigmented acrylic paints. Feel invited to see all the projects by Finnabair Brand Ambassadors: Vasilis, Aga Baraniak, Riikka Kovasin and Sylwia Gryczuk and read their words below. Enjoy this inspiring journey!




New year new beginnings we start the 2020 with colors blue is the color of the year so i transform an old book in an agenda for 2020. Impasto colors from Finnabair blue and Jade to enjoy today and leave back the past.






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




When I read the theme Vasilis chose for this post, I just had to raise my hand and be a part of it! I was originally planning to go with an abstract take on the subject, just play with color and pattern, but as most of the time, I let the project lead me and it needed a plant shape on top of the abstract layers. 



I started the piece by adding a few colors chosen at random to my base, a piece of wood. I ended up adding “Boudoir Pink”, “Pumpkin” and white gesso as the first layer. I used both a paint brush and a brayer when adding the colors. That’s the beauty of Impastos, they are so thick you and use different tools to get different textures! 




On top I then started layering patterns using different stencils and different colors. I used for example “Heather”, “Mediterranean” and “Poppy Red”. As I wanted a relatively smooth surface at this stage, I used a sponge to apply the paint and not a silicone brush or palette knife which would have been great for textured layers. I let the patterns overlap and mixed florals with geometrical patterns. 



To make the stylized plant pop out of the background I painted a circle using “White Pearl” Metallique paint. On top of the warm colored background it’s almost silver looking! Like a moon over a field. The plant I painted first with black gesso, but while the paint was still wet, I added in some “Green Apple” Impasto paint so there’s a hint of green in the leaves. 


Before adding the focal point plant and moon to the piece I also added some stamping for the contrast. The stitch lines, words and other doodles are made with paint markers. The text going around the edge of the plant is about the wishes and ideas for the new year 2020. 



I really love to play with Impasto paints because of the beautiful colors and lovely, creamy consistency. They are thick enough for some wonderful textural work but also work well in painted layers or as background layer for cards, layouts or canvases. 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





I am super excited about this month theme as I fallen in love with Impasto paints. I use them all the time in my art work. I love their buttery consistence and I often use them on different surfaces without any primer. Their coverage is amazing. I actually had to make a commissioned family painting where I use: Impasto Paints Mint, Jade, Green Apple, Linen, also 3D Gloss Gel , Sparks Green Goblin , Art Alchemy Opal Magic Acrylic Paint.






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Did you know that clear gesso from Finnabair is probably the best from those available on the market? I have always been in love with it and believe me, I have checked many different media of this group. Today gentle coloring with watercolors effect on scrap paper. Don't forget to use gesso on the paper surface before coloring so that you avoid possible difficulties while making your work. Impasto is for me a great product of various possibilities and my positive opinion on it says it all...





Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Have a great day!!
Finnabair Team

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...