Monday 20 January 2020

Magical van by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hello creative friends! Anastasia here. My new inspiration for you is a little fairy tale and magic, and as always a lot of various materials by Finnabair.


I have created a mixed media album I called "Sky Van".  I like to reuse old things, and the idea of ​​this album came to my mind when I found old boxes from my favorite perfumes.
The album consists of two parts: box in the form of a van and a mini-album. You can find a video review of the complete album at the end of the video tutorial.




To decorate the box I used clay elements from the "Stars and Moon" mould and metal embellishments from different sets. I also used them for album cover and for pages of my album.
I have applied black gesso to the whole box. I like the matte effect that it gives. And then I mixed three colors - Impasto paints Cobalt and Aubergine, and a little drop of Liquid acrylic paint Purple. I have applied this mixture on all elements getting fabulous result. I also used Plum Preserve acrylic paint to get multi-color surface. To highlight some places, I have used various metallic waxes and my favorite acrylic paint Mint. I have decorated inside part of the box and back of the box with deco tapes. It's simple, easy and looks stunning!
On the top of the van I have added a cute detail, this is small winged house in a metal cup. I have fixed it with magnets.




On the album cover I have applied colour paste (I mixed Modeling paste with Mica Powders) through stencil Harlequin and then I have used various acrylic paints, waxes and decoration elements. I have used everything the same way to create the inside sheets of the album.
For wheels of van I used wooden spools. I have painted them with blue-purple color and I have decorated them with big and small gears.








Here is video tutorial. I hope it will be interesting for you!


Hugs,
NastyaLena
(aka Anastasia Korvyakova)


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...