Tuesday 15 February 2022

Winter 2022 New Products - inspiration part 5

 Hello friends,

We hope that you are a bit familiar now with new products. Still, we have much inspiration to show:)


I'd like to show you one of my latest projects - vintage, romantic canvas with new Mica Powders, Antiquing Waxes and Jewel Paste. All these layers and textures are placed on the top of custom-made background: paper scraps covered with White Gesso and Finnabair Transfers. 

My idea was to use the shape of the gear both in the background and in the composition - so this way you will get flat and dimensional elements matching each other perfectly! The colours of the transfers were my inspiration for the colour palette of the project - shades of brown, gold and green made a beautiful, vintage combo!




To add more depth and antique look I've used my new Antiquing Waxes - transparent wax colours work great on the light surfaces instantly creating the aged look and Jewel Paste added last minute was the missing, magical and sparkly touch!

New products:

969479 Mini Transfers: Photo Passion
969158 Mica Powder set: Pearls and Crystals
969172 Mica Powder set: Golden Hour
969011 Jewel Texture Paste: Tiger's Eye Stones
969066 Antiquing Was: Sepia
969097 Antiquing Was: Soot

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:







New products helped me give a second life to this project. I considered it unsuccessful and buried it at the bottom of a drawer. When I get new products I have to try them out on something before I plan their place in a new project. An old, unsuccessful project seemed like the perfect tester. I covered it with Soot Wax and Ash Grey Wax. Close to the composition, I decided to leave a thicker layer and then using a sponge I started to spread the wax outwards. In this way, a beautiful shadow was created. I also applied wax to the centre of the project. This time I decided to rub the ornaments harder so that the wax remained mainly in the recesses. 







When I added a few rust elements I thought the Jewel Effect Paste - Tiger's Eye Stones would fit perfectly here and add 'that something' to the project. The grainy paste applied in a few places complemented the design perfectly. I decided I didn't need to put it back in the drawer and I'm ready to show it to you. 

New products:

969011 Jewel Texture Paste: Tiger's Eye Stones
969080 Antiquing Was: Ash Grey
969097 Antiquing Was: Soot

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hi creative friends! Here is my new art journal spread with mini transfers from Photo Passion set. The pictures are very inspiring! When I saw this photographer, I immediately had an idea how I can make these pages. I also used gears from this set. I like it when elements are added to a project as easily as these mini transfers.




For the background I chose beautiful Tiger's Eye Stones Jewel Effect Paste. I used it as my main color on the right side and applied it with Documented Stencil on the left one.





I also used Sepia Antiquing Wax to give the paper tags a vintage look.
Hugs, Anastasia(aka nastyalena)

New products:

969479 Mini Transfers: Photo Passion
969011 Jewel Texture Paste: Tiger's Eye Stones
969066 Antiquing Was: Sepia


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...