Wednesday 16 February 2022

Look for the magic by Martina Stoycheva

Hello everyone!

This month my project took a turn to vintage, old walls feeling.

I wanted to re-create the old peeled walls with a romantic feel. 

I used some Prima flowers, Mechanicals and Impasto in Victorian Green. This shade of green reminds me so much of the colours from my childhood when I and my sister spent some time in the summer with my grandmother in the country. Precious memories. 

New Sepia wax was a good ally too. 

When I use the new antiquing waxes I spread them all over and before they can dry, I use a wet wipe to clean the top of the surface I`m using. 

I think this way they give depth and they look more natural. 




On this project, I played with my background more than usually and I think I managed to achieve the look I was going for – vintage, shabby and nicely worn out.

I love all Finn`s pastes and for me, it`s always hard to use just one. So I combine them. The texture they create together is just awesome. 


When I was making my tags with the new waxes I used Plaster paste as a base for stamping. I did the same here. 

The thick paste creates a nice layer and it`s easy to stamp on it. It gives a different texture than stencils and probably most importantly, it doesn`t damage the stamp. 


I`ll be happy if you find something that you find useful in my tutorial and as usual, you are welcome to watch the video with the process: 


Hugs, Martina.

New products:

969066 Antiquing Wax: Sepia
969462 Mini Transfer: Fairy Land
969127 Glitter set: Autumn

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...