Wednesday 17 February 2021

Winter 2021 New Products - inspiration part 2

 Hello friends,

Today we would like to show second post with inspiration from the team. There will be more projects coming in the upcoming days, so keep an eye on our blog or social media not to miss these posts.

* * * * *


Art Journal spread with Metallic Flakes


Hello everyone!

I haven`t opened my art journal for a long, long time and I had the desire to use some of the tissue papers with the shine metallic flakes give. 

You will instantly love this product and the variety of colors it gives.



I used 3D gloss gel trough stencil and when it was almost completely dry I top it all with the flakes. 



New Crushed Amber paste gave a little more texture and color to my lace and then I finished with Old Silver wax.



New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Ingredients Metallic Flakes: Steampunk
Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Crushed Amber

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:




Amber Tag

The Jewel Effect Paste have great texture, and it works fine even on bigger areas.  Created gorgeous bird Skull for my focal point. I added a lot of Metallic Flakes to my skull.





Just loving to mix these new products with each other.

Hope you also will enjoy them.

Xoxo Katja

New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Crushed Amber
Imaginarium Moulds: Birds&Bats, Machine Parts, Skull&Bones
Art Ingredients Metallic flakes: Copper
Art Extravagance Gilding glue 
Decorative Chipboard: Steampunk Blooms
Art Alchemy: Rusty Paper Clips
Mechanicals: Desert Flowers

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



A Kiss

It was love at first sight, when I saw the new Vintage Portraits mould, and I could clearly vision a garden goddess of some sort, a rose sprite sleeping inside it, so I decided to wake it up with a butterfly kiss. 

The canvas is small, only 20 cm x 20 cm. I wanted an uneven surface, so I crumbled tissue paper, attached it with Soft Gloss Gel, and primed it all over with Heavy Gesso.

I arranged my composition using Heavy Body Gel to attach everything, and after it had dried, primed the clay motives with Heavy Gesso. 

Then I mixed a rosy paint mix using Impastos Snow White, Dusty Rose, Burlap, and Linen, and for shadowing, I added to the mix some Pitch Black and Dark Chocolate. Then I painted the whole canvas with the pain mix, wiping most off with a baby wipe leaving just a trace of rosy background. For the next layer I mixed a new mix of Liquid Acrylics Avocado Green, Umber, Crimson, Purple, and Metallic paint Plum Preserves for the moulds and for blending them to the canvas, and for shadowing and highlighting, added Ink Black and Burnt Sienna to the paint mix. 

As finishing touches, I used wax in different shades, Pearl White, Vintage Silk, Vintage Gold, and White Gold and finally, added a very light wash of Jewel Paste Golden Dust here and there.

And indeed, it looks like the butterfly is waking up a sleeping beauty, a rose sprite, a goddess of flowers. With minus 25 Celsius degrees here in Finland, it seems a faraway dream, but it will come, triumphantly victorious, the spring, bringing butterfly kisses and whispering flowers. 

Emilia

New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Golden Dust
Imaginarium Moulds: Vintage Portrait, Large Gears

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:

>




Gothic Canvas
 
Hello, friends! Today I have prepared for you a project, in the creation of which I used new products from Finnabair.
I created a small gothic canvas. I covered the cardboard with White Heavy Gesso and glued Tissue Paper to it. Then I applied a Clear Crackle Paste through the stencil from Finnabair and dried it well. I tinted the background with Metallique paints and Liquid Acrylics.



To create the composition, I used Mechanicals and clay elements. I made them with the help of new molds from Finnabair. I covered the frame and skull with new Metallic Flakes from Finnabair. I covered the other elements with Metallique paints and aged with Matte Waxes. I glued the elements with Heavy Body Gel. Then I applied Waxes to the protruding parts of the composition.



At the very end, I added Mica Flakes and Micro Beads, which I glued with Soft Gloss Gel.
I hope you enjoyed my project. I wish you all inspiration, Anastasi.

New Products (soon available in stores):

Imaginarium Moulds: Birds&Bats, Vintage portraits, Wings&Bones, Rusty pipeline, Grungy Frames
Art Ingredients Metallic flakes: Steampunk
Art Extravagance Gilding glue 

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:

Stay tuned because more inspiration will be published during this whole week :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...