Sunday 14 February 2021

February 2021 Art Recipe

Hi friends,

We know you want to see all the new products in projects, but before we start posting here inspirational posts with new release, we want to show you new Art Recipe moodboard and fabulous projects by our talented team. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboards consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.


Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Mica Powder
Opal Magic Waxes
Impasto Paints
Art Alchemy Metallique Paints

The colours: rich violet, turquoise, pink


If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till March, 14th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

_________________________________________________________________________

This month Guest Designed is Neena (Neena's Papers and Scissors)



instagram
facebook
youtube

I am Neena Arora from India. I love doing scrapbooking and mixed media. I started my mixed media journey with Finnabair products. Then I just kept going on with practice and still on the path of learning. Every day you try something new and I find myself lucky enough that with all the hard work now I am a DT member with good brands. Again, it’s a great privilege and opportunity to design something for “Finnabair as Guest Designer.

Same is the inspiration behind my project named  “Now Is The Time”



I gave lots of texture and used techniques to give a vintage shabby look to my clock which represents time never stops and is stagnant for anyone. But you can make that time as your time to shine. Which I represented with shiny waxed elements embellished with gold microbeads and pearls.



Hope you like the project and the inspiration behind it.

I wish all the luck to Finn’s fans.

Many thanks and Happy Crafting!

Neena Arora

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Inspiration from our team:



Hello, friends!

A new recipe inspired me to create a space canvas.

I applied the Modeling Paste to the canvas through a stencil from Finnabair. Then I covered the canvas with Black Heavy Gesso. In some places I have applied the Magic Potion Effect Paste. Then I applied the Graphite Texture Paste through the stencil and dried everything well again.




Then I put together a layered composition. I used different decor. I made elements from clay using molds from Finnabair. I glued the microbeads onto the chipboard elements using Soft Gloss Gel. On the HDF elements, I applied the Modeling Paste through a stencil from Finnabair. I also covered all the elements of the composition with Black Heavy Gesso. To tint the composition, I used Mica Powders, Metallique Paints and Waxes.





After the paints dried, I pasted a space picture and decorated the work with additional decor. I used Sugar Art Pebbles. At the very end, I added accents in the form of beads, sequins, microbeads and glitter. I pasted the accents with Soft Gloss Gel.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


I love the color combination of this month’s Art recipe. When I first saw it, I was immediately drawn to it. So fresh, so vivid... These are the colors that are honestly actually quite out of my comfort zone. I don’t often create with them. But I’m actually excited over the project I made today. In two months, our family is moving and my kids will have each their own room for the first time. I know my oldest daughter is so excited about it and I wanted to make something pretty for her to decorate her room with. I think this will be just perfect. The message is perfect for her.

I applied some Finnabair tissue paper on my base to create some interesting background. On top I dry-brushed first some white gesso and then some Impasto paint in the shade of Dusty Rose. Then I added some purple color with two different shades of Art Alchemy Metallique paint – Amethyst and Dark Velvet. I used some Peacock, Blue Lagon and Turquoise Satin Opal magic wax to add color to my mechanicals, chipboards and to the edges of my canvas. I finished it off with some glass beads in purple, some turquoise glitter and splatters with diluted white Impasto paint.



I hope you’ll like my project and it inspires you to create something beautiful for our February Art Recipe challenge.

Enjoy your days and see you soon!

Hugs, Aleksandra

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




My project without castings? I find it hard to imagine! Mould castings offer so many possibilities, I love the cog mold that Finnabair designed. I always have a container on the table, filled to the brim with them. When the elements of my composition stopped moving (I glued them with gel medium), I covered them with white gesso. I waited until the project was dry and started colouring. 




I sprinkled the project with mica and sprayed it with water. I decided that I needed to boost the colour and this is where the impasto paints helped. Between the matt impasto shades you can see the shine of the mica. When the paints had dried, I rubbed the whole project with white gesso. 

Hugs, Olga

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




Hi everyone! Anastasia here. My project for our February Art Recipe is heart. 


I’ve took the wooden base and applied it with white gesso. Then I’ve added a little brown color(metallic paint Hazelnut) on edges. Third color layer was pink - I’ve mixed three colors – Impasto acrylic paint Boudoir Pink with Liquid acrylics Purple and Crimson. I’ve removed some pink color from the edges with sand block and got shabby surface.



I’ve decorated this heart with plastic and clay elements, metal embellishments and painted ones with Impasto paint Mediterranean, metallic acrylic paint Mermaid Teal, rust effect paste Turquoise, Opal Magic paint Pink-Blue, Bronze Age, Old Silver metallic waxes.

On back I’ve glued bird from Wild and Free set of stamps.

Join to our colorful February Art Recipe!

Hugs, Anastasia

(aka Nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...