Monday 15 February 2021

Winter 2021 New Products - inspiration part 1

 Hello friends,

Today we will start sharing with you inspirational projects created using Finnabair Winter 2021 new products :) We will be sharing more of them in upcoming days, so if you want to see, what we have created and how new products look in our projects, look no further. Grab your cup of tea or coffee, sit back and enjoy :)

* * * * *


Golden Pharaoh – altered wooden panel

I love all the amazing moulds from the new release. And as soon as I saw the “Grungy frames” mould and “Queens of Steam” I instantly knew they are a perfect fit. I created this gorgeous altered wooden panel that looks like some kind of an Egyptian treasure, doesn't it? Of course, gold Metallic flakes from the new release go perfectly with the panel and the Pharaoh treasure. 






New Products (soon available in stores):

Imaginarium Moulds – Grungy frames, Queens of Steam
Art Ingredients – Metallic flakes – Gold
Art Extravagance – Gilding glue 

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



Free form ATC's "Glam"

Four cards, four different stories - "Her sweet poison", "All universe inside", "Real face", "Always with you".


I've used gorgeous new Finnabair products: absolutely amazing new matte wax Sage Leaves, posh metallic flakes Copper, cool moulds - wings, skull, frame, woman face, Jewel Effect Pastes and beautiful chipboard. 

Real pleasure to work with such materials and realize ideas with them!

New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Sparkling Onyx, Golden Dust
Imaginarium Moulds: Wings&Bones, Grungy Frames, Skull&Bones, Vintage Portraits
Art Ingredients Metallic flakes: Copper
Art Extravagance Gilding glue 
Decorative Chipboard: Mechanical Flourishes, Machine Floral Decors
Art Alchemy Matte Wax: Sage Leaves

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:




Steam Windows


My steampunk windows are filled with many amazing products from the new release. I just love working with all of them! The amazing Jewel pastes which gives us such a variety of effects, the element we can get with these amazing moulds and the Flakes… I want to use them everywhere!! 






New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Crushed Amber, Blue Opals, Golden Dust, Rose Quartz
Imaginarium Moulds: Wings&Bones, Grungy Frames, Skull&Bones, Vintage Portraits, Nocturnal Elements, Queens of Steam, Large Gears 
Art Ingredients Metallic flakes: Copper, Gold, Steampunk
Art Extravagance Gilding glue 
Decorative Chipboard: Mechanical Flourishes, Machine Floral Decors
Art Alchemy Matte Wax: Faded Denim

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



Notebook "Lost Soul"

When you get new products, it's a good idea to try them out first. An art journal is great for this. Allow yourself a moment of madness and see what happens. I picked a few things that inspired me and created a page around that. The dragonfly, the cardboard, the skull and the paste in a pink shade - this is where I started. I tried to not overthink it, just enjoy the creative process itself.





On top of the layers, I added paints and stamps. I placed a female mysterious creature in the central area. I really wanted to use a new paste, so I applied it through the mask in several places. I added shadows, making sure that the character in the middle stayed in the light. The mask of my character deserves special attention, which I decorated with gliding glue and metal flakes.

New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Rose Quartz
Imaginarium Moulds: Wings&Bones
Art Ingredients Metallic flakes: Copper
Art Extravagance Gilding glue 
Decorative Chipboard: Mechanical Flourishes
Mechanicals: Scrapyard Dragonflies
Art Daily Antique Clips

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



I had a small canvas with basic textures in my drawer for a long time - and I had no idea what I want to do with it. Once new Moulds came I couldn't resist to try them, and quickly I made a simple composition on the top of the canvas to see, what will happen next.... the magic of creativity works every time: soon I was adding more and more bits and pieces, fitting small pearls and sars and looking for perfect finishing touches. After adding Black Gesso and White Gesso highlights I've picked just a few colours of my Liquid Acrylic Paints and soon I could work on the highlights and finally - sparkly textures.



I'm still amazed by how beautiful the new Jewel Pastes are after application and how many dimensions of colour each one has! Real show stoppers - and they are all here, waiting on my table!

New Products (soon available in stores):

Art Extravagance Jewel Texture Paste: Crushed Amber
Imaginarium Moulds:  Large Gears, Machine Parts, Vintage Portraits

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:


Stay tuned because more inspiration will be published during this whole week :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...