Wednesday 24 February 2021

February Ambassadors' Spotlight

 


Hello friends,

This month Ambassadors' Spotlight is held by Aga Baraniak and the theme is "Impasto in my life". Our talented Brand Ambassadors: Aga Baraniak, Riikka Kovasin, Vasilis Kontos and Kasia Bogatko prepared projects to share with you.

Impasto is a versatile paint that is very easy to apply.

You can use this product in many techniques, not just mixed media.

TODAY I prepared an entry for the journal, where I layered Impasto on watercolor paper. 

Impasto is perfect for all types of paper, but I like the most to use mixmedia or watercolor paper. 

First, I applied one layer of impasto and waited until the surface dries well.

Then I built a collage of scraps of pages from an old book. I covered everything with a delicate layer of gesso.


Finally, I cut out pieces of blotting paper and sticked it with the medium gel. Additionally, I used a black gesso and stencil to make the pages a bit more distinctive.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Impasto paints are one of my favorite products. They are so universal and have so many uses. This is what I wanted to show in this project. 

The first step was to apply the pattern from the stencil with 3D Matte Gel. I also added some Art Stones, but in a small amount. Thanks to that the whole project is not so smooth and perfect.

After everything was dry, I painted it with Manor Blue paint, which covered the pattern perfectly and gave it a matte finish. To highlight and enhance this beautiful structure, I used the Dark Chocolate. I gradually covered the design, spraying water immediately after applying the paint. Thanks to this, the Impasto behaves like watercolor and flows well. The great advantage is that it is permanent after drying.



Finally, I used blue again, and with a soft, almost dry brush, I highlighted the details. I also used vintage gold wax here and there. 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Moikka! I usually use Impasto paints like normal acrylic paints – making layers, stenciling or painting smooth layers. But this time I wanted to try them in impasto technique and instead of a paintbrush I applied them to my painting using a palette knife. 

I started the piece by painting the whole canvas black using black gesso. Then I added some Liquid acrylic “Prussian Blue” on top. While it’s translucent, you can still see how some areas of the canvas seem to be a really dark blue instead of just black. I also painted a golden circle with “Ancient Coin” to the center of the canvas and then started to make the chrysanthemum on top. 


I mixed quite a few different colors of Impasto in the bloom. I tried to convey an illusion of dimensional bloom but as this was my first go, it didn’t come out perfect. But I had a lot of fun trying out something I haven’t done before! After finishing the bloom part I then added the stem, the leaves and some pattern to the background. 






When choosing what to paint with this technique, I googled some examples quickly and came across with beautiful landscapes and gorgeous blooms. The chrysanthemum spoke to me as it was the favorite flower of my late grandmother. Even though she preferred white ones, I made mine with pinks as I thought it might be easier than white as the first go. 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


When I start crafting love to create a lot of objects in country style and imitate the wood effect.Impasto in my life  the Ambassadors spotlight  this month so I create a wooden from mdf heart-shelf using modeling paste and white crackle paste to create the wood effect, tissue paper from re-design with prima, impasto colors creating the technic pittorico and mattes waxes to age my heart.



Finally some stamps from prima marketing and stencil to decorate more my heart.


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Have a good evening!

Finnabair Team

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...