Friday 27 November 2020

A bit frosty by Aleksandra Mihelic

 Hello dear Finnabair friends and fans.

I hope you are doing well and you are all healthy. It’s getting really cold here in Slovenia these last days and we are almost in December. This year was so unexpected and different from any other. Here in Slovenia, we are in complete lockdown for few weeks now. But I hope we will still have beautiful and magical December time. The only thing I wish is that we would be able to spend at least some time with our extended families, which we haven’t seen for such long time and really miss them.  I hope there is also some snow coming, it makes things so much more magical. 

In this thinking of winter time and suitable to cold mornings here in Slovenia, I wanted to prepare something not completely wintery and snowy but inspired by cold frosty mornings. I made two big mixed media ATC coins and embellished them with some natural elements, cotton bud, and some chipboards. I chose two different words that relate to Christmas time and spending time with our dear ones – cherish and love. 





I first added some corrugated cardboard to my circle bases. Added some texture with Graphite texture paste on top and when dry, dry-brushed everything with a coat of white gesso. I added some brown shading with Burnt Sienna Liquid Acrylic paint. On top I added some Unicorn paste to add some sparkle. Then I started adding my embellishments and arranging them in composition. I added also some chipboard twigs and leaves, which I colored with Dusty Rust Effect paste from Camouflage set, again added some shading with Burnt Sienna Liquid Acrylic paint and on top dry-brushed with white gesso to give it a bit frozen effect. I added lots of natural elements to decorate my coins as I love creating with things that nature gives us. 





For finishing touch, I added some Pearl and Sterling Glass Glitter and some white glitter with gel medium. On top I added some splatters using heavily diluted Snow-White Impasto paint and a brush. I also added some Melange Pebbles. 

I also have a video tutorial for you on Finnabair YouTube channel to follow along:


I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today and it gives you some ideas for your own creative hours.

Enjoy your day, take care of yourself and your dear ones and stay safe.
Hugs, Aleksandra  

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

Kate Palmer said...

Absolutely stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...