Wednesday 25 November 2020

Lady with a flower by Olga Sępkowska

 When I received the new products, I knew they would be perfect for vintage projects. The golden paste, the beautiful colours of liquid paints and Science Lover tissue paper - I just had to make a layout out of them. I searched my stuff for the perfect vintage photo and chose an unusual base - the rest simply followed.


I am very pleased with the result. I love the moment when all textures appear with every gentle touch of brush with the gold paint. With a dry brush and metallic acrylic paint it is very easy to highlight the details of the project. You just have to be gentle and give yourself time. A few thin layers are better than too much paint in one spot.

A combination of liquid acrylics in Ochre and Prussian Blue stole my heart. They look great together and are perfect for vintage projects. The Charcoal Black matt wax also works very well with them. I used it to create shadows.

Golden Dragon paste contains glitter of different sizes - smaller and larger. It will be difficult to apply it through a stencil with a tiny pattern. In my project I decided on a stencil with a massive pattern. In addition, to highlight it, I used liquid acrylic paint in black, blurred with water.


Here is my step-by-step tutorial. Enjoy it!



Have a nice day!

Olga

 Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

New Tissue Paper: Science Lover
New Art Extravagance Effext Paste: Golden Dragon
New Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics: Ochre, Prussian Blue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...