Saturday 21 November 2020

New products inspiration - part 1

Hello friends,

Today me and our team will share with you first projects created using my new babies :) We will be sharing more of them in upcoming days, so if you want to see, what we have created and how new products colours look in our projects, look no further. Grab your cup of tea or coffee, sit back and enjoy :)

* * * * *



Altered box lid

Hello everyone!

I love altering. And many times I don`t even show what I altered because it`s too simple. I had this small wooden box with one of the hinges not working properly, that I didn`t want to throw, but in the same time it wasn`t possible to use it. It became the perfect object for alteration. So I just took off the lid, turned it around and used it as some kind of shadow box/reverse canvas.



I used a small part of Wilderness tissue paper to cover the bottom and created nice contrast between the new Prussian blue and Ochre. I loved the combination!




I highlighted the dark parts in the project with new Graphite wax and then the highest parts of the project with White Pearl wax.



I loved this project very much and I think the main reason is the new products. They are versatile, you can use them easily on any surface and the results are always, always incredible. 

New Products (soon available in stores):
New Tissue paper: Wilderness
New Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics: Prussian Blue, Ochre
New Art Alchemy Waxes: Graphite, White Pearl

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



Canvas Beauty of You

The new release Liquid Acrylics had such gorgeous, sumptuously deep colours that they simply stepped into my canvas – as royally as they possibly could.

 


After gessoing the canvas, I added a bit of structure with stencil and Icing paste, then painted the canvas with a mix of Liquid Acrylics. I used Purple, Ink Black, Carmine, and Prussian Blue, with a hint of Titanium White splashes.

I wanted some luscious looking softness into the canvas, to contrast the mechanicals, so I dyed some cheese cloth with the new Carmine and Prussian Blue Liquid Acrylics. I also dropped a tiny amount of the new Golden Dragon Effect Paste into the liquid, to make the cloth have a gentle sparkle. It worked brilliantly!






Then I attached the mechanicals and gave them a gentle Liquid Acrylics wash. Finally, I attached the print (I had made for Paper Garden) in place and gently added a tiny bit of sparkling Golden Dragon Effect Paste into the edges, and the tiny little canvas, Beauty of You, was ready!


New Products (soon available in stores):
New Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics: Carmine, Prussian Blue
New Effect Paste: Golden Dragon

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:




Star box

This wonderful trinket was one of those creations where you just go in with no intentions, start putting things together and see what happens. I find it’s one of the best ways when you have new products to play around with :)

I prepped my second hand find with white gesso and gave it some texture by applying White Sand texture paste in all sorts of directions, covering the whole surface.

Once my sandy texture was dry I painted it using new Liquid Acrylic paints, I switched between colours until I was happy with what I saw.

I used heavy body gel to stick my star and wings in place and applied a combination of Burgundy and White Pearl waxes over them and a little bit on the trinket too.


Finally to add a little bit of sparkle I added little bits of Phoenix texture paste and of course some metallic micro beads over the top.


In the end this is the little trinket of joy that I ended up with :)

Lots of love from my house to yours,

Iveta xx

New Products (soon available in stores):
New Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics: Ochre, Chrimson, Prussian Blue
New Effect Paste: Phoenix
New Art Alchemy Waxes (in tubes): White Pearl, Burgundy

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:




Black

I've made this simple composition in darker tones to show you how easy is to get stunning results with new Metallique Waxes - wonderfully deep green of Emerald Wax was highlighted with neutral white of White Pearl to add an extra dimension. 



In the deeper layers, I've added a bit of Graphite Wax to make the colours more dramatic. The final touch was Pixie Effect Paste - with amazing, sparkly tons of glitter in various sizes. Pastes like that are perfect not just for accents but also to use with stencils!



New Products (soon available in stores):
New Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics: Emerald, Graphite, White Pearl
New Effect Paste: Pixie

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:


Rusty Artichoke

Textures, dry plants and mixed-media are always an interesting, inspiring combination! After my composition was ready I've used a selection of Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic Paints to add the colour to my project - Ochre, a new tone of brown, was a perfect match to Violet, Burnt Sienna and Carmine and White Pearl Metallique Wax was a perfect choice to add a bit of the light and dimension to my embellishments and natural elements of composition. 

The final touch came with Crushed Ice Effect Paste - it created the unique, glazed look and added beautiful, subtle, transparent beads texture!




New Products (soon available in stores):

New Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics: Nude, Coral, Ochre, Crimson
New Effect Paste: Golden Dragon
New Waxes (in tubes): White Pearl

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:


And here you can watch recorded live stream, when I am showing all the new products. You will see there also both above projects: Black and Light. Enjoy :)


Have a great weekend, friends!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...