Friday 28 October 2022

Hunter's mask by KasyopeaArt

Hi 

It is a huge honour to show you today my first inspiration for the Finnabair Creative Team.

My project is "Hunter's Mask". I used a lot of amazing castings from Finnabair Molds. And I arranged the whole composition on canvas.

 


But from the beginning.

I prepared a canvas on which I put a Heavy White Gesso, I used a spatula to add an interesting texture. When the canvas dried I painted all the casts with white and black Heavy Gesso. I also painted the skull-shaped hdf base.

To make an interesting background on the canvas I used a Gothic Stencil through which I reflected the pattern with the help of Jewel Effect Pastes. I chose Tiger's Eye Stones and Sparkling Onyx colour, and on the edges, I put the Texture Paste White Crackle, I also put it on the hdf base.

After the pastes dried, I arranged the compositions. I glued everything with Heavy Body Gel.

An interesting fact is that resin castings become soft and can be bent When they are heated with a heater. I did it with a chain cast.


Now the best fun, colours. 

I used Sparks paint in Raven Black, and Ginger Magic and Metallique paint in Red Wine. I painted the wings, frame and chains with them. On the wings, I shaded the colours to achieve the fiery effect. 

The next step was to use Liquid Acrylic paints, They melted beautifully giving the effect of "watercolour" blur on the background and giving colours to the casts of bones and skulls. I used my favourite set of colours – Burnt Sienna, Carmine and Ink Black. 

Finally, I added shadows with Antiquing waxes (Soot and Sepia) and I extracted all the details with the help of Old White Matte Wax and Metallic Wax Brushed Iron. 

I hope my work has inspired you. You can watch all the stages of my work on the added video. 

Best regards.

KasyopeaArt 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...