Friday 14 October 2022

Skeleton doll by Roxane

 Hi, for my first project for the Finnabair creative team, and because Halloween is coming up, I made a decoration with a creepy skeleton doll and this flower pot that I imagined to be her coffin.

I used several Finnabair moulds "Pieces of underworld", "pocket watches", "grungy frames", "Vintage portraits", "Nocturnal Insects" and "Stars and Moons".

For the colouring, I use my favourite paints, liquid acrylics: I start with the colour Ochre, then Avocado green, Burnt Sienna and ink black. I dry between each colour so that they don't mix, but rather overlap as they are translucent and permanent when dry.

I love to work in layers and that's why I like these paints so much. 


Then I wanted to add a touch of rust to my project with the rusty red paste.

And I finish with a touch of magic, I mixed Fluid Medium with mica powder, I just wanted a bluish shadow and this solution turned out to be a very good idea because I was able to dose the mica to have this translucent but very present veil. 


For the skeleton doll, I used the Ochre colour again to give it an aged bone look.

As I want a creepy but glamorous character I decide to make her a hat with metallic embellishments from Finnabair: a cog, leaves and a flower.

I add some rust on the flower and the skull and bones.

For the face, I use Prima's Artisan powders. You can also use dry pastels but the Artisan's powder is very good for shading.

I use it dry with a small brush in small strokes and I have a brush without material to blend. 

For the finishing details, I opt for a black watercolour pencil.

For the magic, I add blue with the "Peacock" wax on the body and on the mouth, the hair and the hat. 

I finish with a head jewel for the glamour side that I colour with Rich Copper wax.

I made a little seat for her to sit on in the coffin as if she was waiting for Halloween night to come out.

And my horrific scene is ready to join my Halloween spot.


I hope you like my project and see you soon for a next creation


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

norono said...

I love it, extraordinary work!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...