Monday 13 September 2021

September 2021 Art Recipe

 Hello friends,

Autumn is here already but we would like to keep Summer with us a little bit longer, so this month moodboard reminds us warm, sunny days and holiday time.

____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboards consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Metallic Paint

Liquid Acrylic

Jewel Paste

Matte Wax


The colours: watermelon pink, coral, pine green

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till October, 9th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________


This month Guest Designer is Alicja S.



Hello dears, Im so grateful and honored to be featured on Finn's blog and inspire you with my mixed media project.
As I looked on this month's moodboard with a specific color scheme, I've decided to create a canvas with a photo of a beautiful lady. 






I used resin shapes painted with acrylic coral paint, flowers and other elements to create layered composition. I wanted it to be subtle with a feeling of the end of the summer.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




Inspiration from our team:



Hello everyone! The color combination of September Art Recipe includes two colors that I prefer over many others - pink and green. So I created this project with great pleasure, combining and mixing different shades of these colors.






I was inspired by many elements of September moodboard, such as the amazing house and its details, walls texture, plants etc.
In my project I used all four elements that are on the list – Metallic paints, Liquid acrylic, Jewel paste, Matte waxes. See more details below, under photos.






Hugs, Anastasia (aka Nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:






Hi!
We have another Art Recipe ahead of us with beautiful inspirations, colors and products that you probably love! Truth? This time I used pine green and some coral. Such shades prevail on the September moodboard. What will you say to such a combination?


I decided to decorate the HDF base in the shape of a stained glass window. At first, I protected the surface with a white gesso. Then, using a heavy body gel, I glued one of the Finnabair chipboard. Then I applied crackle paste in a pearl white shade and a little sand paste. I glued metal flowers, numbers, leaves and a clip on the prepared surface. You will find it all at Mixed Media Place store. I covered these elements with Clear Gesso. After drying, I added art stones and gently painted some areas with the paper paste. 








I dried the whole project thoroughly. To color, I chose the liquid acrylic paint series and a bit of metallique paint in the dark forest color. Finally, I gently splashed it all with white gesso mixed with water, which emphasized some details. The whole design is slightly shiny and the different textures are intertwined with each other.
Hugs,
Kasia Salmanowicz 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:






A quick, go with the flow collage is always very delightful and satisfactory project to create, and this little autumn collage was no exception.  



I started with taking a Grungy Frame mould as the starting point and cut a suitable sized chipboard piece to go with it, covered the base with crinkled tissue paper (using Soft Matte Gel to attach it) and primed it with white Heavy Gesso.







I used the new Victorian Tiles stencil with Modeling paste to create a feathered wallpaper look and started to layer a simple composition in place with Heavy Body Gel. When everything was in place, I painted the frame, mechanicals, and the background with Liquid Acrylics Nude, Titanium White, and Coral, Metallique paints Vintage Rose, Spring Blossom, and Golden Moss, and added a bit shadowing with Impastos Pitch Black and Chocolate Brown with Liquid Acrylics Ink Black and Burnt Sienna. A light touch of Golden Dust and Crushed Amber Jewel Pastes here and there added a cute twinkling effect, and was contrasted by Matte Waxes Old White, Sage Leaves, and Rusty Brown. And the quick project was ready!


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:






Hi dear friends!
Looking at our moodboard I wanted to create something with a smell of Autumn. So I grabbed my favorite Liquid acrylics and Metallique paints and created the Art Dragonfly on the easel.
I’ve also used Sage Leaves wax to add some beautiful matte accents. 


 
I’ve painted the wooden dragonfly with Metallique paints and added a pattern on its transparent wings through new Ghostwriter stencil using 3D Gloss Gel with a glitter. 


 
I’ve painted all the clay elements and chipboard with Liquid acrylics and then added some sparkle  with Metallique paints and glitter.




I’ve used transparent microbeads for glass effect and as a final touch I’ve added Sage Leaves matte wax to get a bit aged look of the easel.  



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post

2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog

3. Enter using Inlinkz below.



Challenge will be closed on October,9th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of October.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...