Friday 24 September 2021

„I heard a strange noise" - mixed media canvas by Olga Sępkowska

There is something magical about old photographs. Every time I look at them I imagine the story of these people. I look for secrets in their eyes. I wonder if they are happy or just beautifully dressed for the photo.

Brown, gold and green seemed just right for my design. I guess the cooler weather outside foretelling the coming autumn inspired me to make this choice. A nice solution to creating an interesting background is to use tissue paper. I chose a beautiful mechanical pattern, which I further embellished with a pattern applied through the mask.


The casts painted with gold paint were too bright, so I decided to age them a bit with Liquid Acrylic paints and then with Impasto paints. I really like the effect I achieved. 


All the steps of creating my project can be seen in the video. 

Hugs!

Olga


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...