Wednesday 15 September 2021

Gothic canvas by Anastasia Kuznetsova

Hello, friends!

Today I want to show you how I created a gothic canvas. For me, this is a large format. The canvas size is 30 by 40 cm. I started my project by creating a background. To give it texture, I applied the Light Paste through stencils. Without waiting for it to dry, I applied the Light Paste and White Crackle Paste in some places with a palette knife. I also sprinkled the background with Art Stones.


Using various paints and gesso, I created colorful layers. Finally I added some Metallic Flakes and made some ink and stamp prints. I covered my canvas with a matte varnish so that it is not afraid of water and touching my fingers.



Next, I started creating a layered composition. I used a chipboard, Mechanicals, clay figurines and Art Pebbles. I made clay figurines using molds from Finnabair and Prima Marketing Inc. I covered all the elements with Black Heavy Gesso. I used Heavy Body Gel for gluing.



I used Patina Effect Pastes to give my host an aged look. First I applied blue and mint paste. They contain particles of sand and imitate patina. I diluted the same pastes a little with water and applied here and there to the background. After completely dry, I took the bronze paste from the set. It is very plastic and ideally imitates bronze, which has emerged through the patina.



Then, in some places in my composition and background, I applied the Red Rust Paste from the set “Rust Effect Pastes”. At the very end, I added Vintage Gold Wax to diversify the metallic sheen of my project.





You can watch the creation process in this video. Enjoy,



 Anastasi


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...