Monday 6 September 2021

Finnabair Wax organizer by Anastasia Korvyakova

 Hello mixed media fans! Anastasia is here. I really enjoy redesigning projects because it feels like magic when something old turns out into something new and beautiful. This time I've altered the box in which were vitamins into a Finnabair wax organizer.


I complicated the box the extra cardboard pieces and covered inside and outside with Black Heavy Body Gel. I covered some places of 2nd layer of cardboard pieces that I placed on front side of the box with Burnt Sienna liquid acrylic paint, then I applied hand cream to these spots and then covered with black gesso. The cream allowed me to remove some of the gesso and opened the brown spots.

I decorated the top of the box with stripes and on the front side I created a composition of plastic elements from various Finnabair moulds. I also used Mechanicals - Type Writer numbers.

The other sides of box I decorated with texture paste Graphite through Bindweed stencil.



I colored all with Rich Copper and Vintage Silk metallique waxes and then highlighted edges with Brushed Iron wax.

For a more comfortable use of the box I made the walls inside. I just used cardboard covered with scrapbooking paper. I colored the paper "wings" with black gesso to make them less visible.


All moments of creative process you can see in video tutorial I prepared - 


Hugs, Anastasia(aka Nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

Gigi said...

What a fantastic project. I love how you put the box together with the partitions and how you put all of the antiquing colors on. Perfect job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...