Wednesday 29 September 2021

Hello Autumn - Aleksandra Mihelic

Hi dear Finnabair friends,

It’s been some time since I last created something for you. I’ve been going through some personal hardships and my inspiration went away totally. But now I’m here again and I am so so happy for it. I truly enjoyed making this project – Hello Autumn.

I had this vintage phone metal frame from older Finnabair releases sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I fell in love with it the first time I layed my eyes on it wanted to make something beautiful with it, but never had the right inspiration for it. But with Fall approaching also the inspiration came. I love Fall because it dresses the beautiful nature in such gorgeous palette of colors. So my today’s project “Hello Autumn” is a tribute to the glorious Autumn landscapes. 



I love the primary color of this gorgeous metal frames so I had a bit of a hard time coloring it over, but luckily I have another one in my stash so I just took a plunge and went with it. I first colored it over with two coats of white gesso and when they were dry I added some white crackle paste on top to add some texture and interest to my project. Then I colored my phone with Liquid Acrylics, using Burnt Sienna, Magenta and Tiger Orange. I also used a bit of a Red Rust paint. I love how Liquid Acrylics bring this watercolor look to the projects. 



After my base was colored I added lots of Finnabair embellishments and also lots of elements from nature to decorate my metal frame and bring it to life. 


As a finishing touch I dry-brushed everything over with some white gesso to blend everything together, added some Gold Mica flakes, which are a must for me when creating foresty projects and at the end I added some white splatters. 

I also prepared a video for you, so you can follow the proces:


I hope you’ll like my project and I’ll see you soon again with some more inspiration for using these amazing Finnabair products. 

Enjoy your day!

Hugs and love,

Aleksandra

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...