Sunday 19 April 2020

Whale mirror by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hi, creative friends! I can't stop to use new matte waxes! They are awesome! I really like the effect they give!
So I've decided to create something big, for example as a whale, using my favorite technique and color combination of waxes.



My project consists of two parts - base in the whale shape and a round mirror. I've removed part of paint from back mirror, then applied liquid acrylic Burnt Sienna to parts that became transparent. And after that, I've glued tissue paper "Solar" on these places.
The next step was decorating my whale. I used for this clay elements, metal embellishments and art pebbles - melange.



I've added acrylic paints: Impasto - Aubergine, metallique paint Coral Reef and liquid acrylics Purple and Tiger Orange on spaces between decorative elements. Then I've added first wax layer with Rusty red matte wax, and after that, second layer with Charcoal black wax. I've removed second layer from decorative elements when the wax was still wet and it gave me amazing combination of colours. I highlighted metal elements with Aged brass metallic wax for more contrast.


I've prepared video tutorial for you:



Hope you will also like this combination of colours and textures!
Hugs, NastyaLena
(aka Anastasia Korvyakova)


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...