Saturday 18 April 2020

Journey by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hi dear Finnabair friends and fans.
We are living in somehow strange times, when each one of us is trying their best to stay positive, stay safe and healthy and still enjoy the time. In Slovenia we are in full quarantine still, but things are starting to get better and I wholeheartedly hope we will soon be able to at least spent some more time outside. I really really miss nature and all the walks. And that is why my latest creation are often closely connected to nature. I’m using a lot of elements from nature and I feel like I can connect at least a bit with it this way. And my today’s project is no different.




I altered a frame and added a big nest inside, which I decorated and filled with my favourite Finnabair things. I used some tree bark pieces and some tree branches of different sizes, a tree trunk slice, some dried flowers. The focal point is beautiful photo with an inspiring quote: “Don’t go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” by Ralph Waldo Emerson. You can find it in Finnabair’s Art Daily collection of stickers. I also added lots of Finnabair mechanical metal pieces, which I dry-gessoed, to blend them into the project. As a finishing touch, I added some grey mica flakes, some pearl glass glitter and some white glitter on top.





I’ve also prepared a video tutorial for you to watch on Finnabair youtube channel:


Hope you like my today’s inspiration. Take care of yourself, stay healthy and positive and I hope art brings you some comfort in these days.
Hugs, Aleksandra


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...