Sunday 30 January 2022

January Ambassadors' Spotlight

 


Hello friends,

It is the very first this year post from Ambassador's Spotlight series. All Ambassadors wish you a Happy New Year and invite you to get inspired by this month theme: "Not all who wander are lost. Start of a journey, go with a flow.". An additional requirement is using white colour. 

The host of this Ambassadors' Spotlight is Riikka Kovasin.



The wandering line

”Not all who wander are lost” with a hint of white was the theme of this month’s Ambassador spotlight. The quote is by J.R.R.Tolkien. 

I think that the beginning of the year is a start of a journey. We’re able to find new routes and wander a little, thinking about the way we want to head in the beginning year. For my project, I thought to use that wandering as my jumping-off point. 


As you can see from the video I recorded while making the project, I started this art journal page with a single white line, then doubling it. I tried to keep my mind as empty as possible while drawing that line, undulating it on to the paper, like the pen was just wandering through the landscape of the paper. On top, I then started layering different elements but the first thing was to just free your mind and let go. 





I also found a sticker from the “Words You Need” sticker pad to go to the page perfectly. It expresses the same idea with different words, this time by Ralph Waldo Emerson. “Don’t go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” 

With this project, I wish you many marvellous wanderings during 2022! 


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




Today I have a multi-layered media project for you, which is what I like the most. The background for my artwork is a base painted with impasto paint. I love these paints for the fact that they are perfectly matte, have great coverage and are permanent. You can make everything on them, use mists, waxes and we are sure that nothing will blur. 






The composition is made with a lot of paper layers, chipboards, mechanicals. I treated all the elements with waxes and all thanks to this all fits perfectly. I really like such masculine, vintage projects, slightly messy, splashed. I hope you like it too.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




When I read this month theme  “Not all who wander are lost. Start of a journey, go with the flow”, I immediately thought of this photo. Isn’t a new love just that, the start of a new journey! And with the Valentine’s Day coming, I really couldn’t resist.

I covered the canvas with plaster paste. When dry, I added a design with paper paste and the Ghostwriter stencil. I spread some paper paste as well. Next, I colored the background with Burnt Sienna, Ink Black, and Titanium White Liquid Acrylics and water. When it was completely dry, I added some Gold and Silver metallic flakes which I covered with clear crackle paste. I primed the resin elements with white gesso as well as the Mechanical Flourishes. I used the 3D matte gel to glue all the embellishments. I primed all the metallic embellishments with clear gesso.








When everything was completely dry, I painted the embellishments with the same liquid acrylics. When everything was completely dry, I used waxes to highlight the details.  First, I used the Old White that gives a matte finish. I continued with Old Silver and White Pearl to add a metallic finish. I whitened the background as well with the Old White wax. To finish, I added some silver glitters and clear sequins.


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Sometimes the colours take us for an interesting trip and you may feel either completely surprised with the views you see or you immediately take to mix media like a duck to water. The most important is to enjoy the trip and let it be your pleasure, adventure and road to the new.





Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

Have a good evening!

Finnabair Team


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...