Friday 25 June 2021

June Ambassadors' Spotlight

 


Hello friends,

As each month our Brand Ambassadors show up on the blog to inspire you. This month host is Linda M. Cain with theme "Vintage found objects elegance". Linda, Riikka Kovasin and Karolina Bukowska created beautiful projects, that you can see below.



Hi everyone! Hope you’re all safe and well. June is my month to choose a theme for the Brand Ambassador’s post. Since I love everything vintage, and there’s so much elegance in the products from Finnabair, I chose “Vintage Found Objects Elegance.” I hope you enjoy.


This is a 6”x6” wood canvas that I turned over and covered with tissue paper using 3D Gloss Gel. I used the Celestial Music tissue paper over the entire canvas. Along the outside edges I added White Crackle Paste with the Flourish stencil. The front edges are stenciled with the gorgeous Mermaid Effect Paste and the Vintage Wallpaper stencil. I added a bit of black and brown archival ink to the edges, and some watered down Carmine Liquid Acrylic paint to the sides. 

My vintage found objects include the large skate key, and a cabinet door handle. I used tiny glass vials with tissue paper for labels sealed with gold sealing wax. The metal corners, watch key, and ruler pieces were from my stash. 

I had a vintage picture and a frame from my friend Jen Crossley that worked perfectly together for the focal point. The flower and leaf mechanicals were dusted with several colors of Finnabair waxes until I was happy with their appearance. Rhinestones give them a little bit of color and sparkle. 



All the ephemera are glued in place with 3D Matte Gel. The last thing added was a mixture of micro beads and glass glitter in the recessed corners of the frame. I love to save and mix these in little containers just for projects like this one. 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:







What a marvelous theme! I could have chosen a variety of different items for “vintage found objects elegance” theme, but I had been wanting to do something to this tin for quite a while, so I used this theme as a motivator to get me going. Although I must be honest, the tin is not actually that old. I bought it from a store not that long ago. But it could have been a vintage tin! I just haven’t had the luck to find one yet. 






To turn my tin a bit older looking and thus better fitting to the theme, I treated the exterior with hints of mediums. I dulled its shine using wax and Impasto paint. I also added just a teeny hint of rust effect paste to the edge to give it more age. 






The bigger elegance (I hope) and treasure is inside the box. Inside you can also find actual found items like the little light bulb, a coin and some sewing supplies. The deer is something I have had in my stash for a while now. I think it is from my mother’s treasures – she used to collect miniature things. I have a faint recollection though that I’ve removed the deer from a souvenir plate of sorts and just stored the deer. But anyhow, that was my jumping off point for the “nighttime in the woods” scene inside. While the right side is the woods, with the fern mimicking trees and a Mélange pebble playing the moon, the left side is more of a collection of items. I did use leaves and flowers there, too, to keep the inside cohesive, but it’s not a woodland scene as such. The text strip says: “Well, I do see it. Are you coming?”. 







As the inside was a magical golden deer in moonlight, I painted the tin black using black gesso. I then made the composition using Heavy Body Gel as my adhesive and after drying painted those elements black, too. I then mixed different blues to get that inky night feel and added golden and white splashes to represent stars. There is also some glitter paste to mimic ground, glistening dew drops or fireflies. 

I really enjoyed making this little piece and now I crave to do more! Maybe I need to purchase a couple of more tins… 


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Collecting is my addiction, everything will come in handy…. today I have confirmation of this!
Altered juice bottle. I chose simplicity, using Impasto, Liquid, Texture paste, Cracking paste, Heavy Gesso  white and 3 D Gloss Gel.







You can see the entire creation process in the tutorial.  



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

3 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Thank you both for joining me on this theme. Your projects are amazing. ❤️

Linda M. Cain said...

Thank you both for joining me here on the theme. Your projects are amazing.
~Linda

beecraft store said...

hermosos trabajos ando fascinada con cada uno de ellos !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...