Monday 15 October 2018

Altered trowel by Bipasha

Hello wonderful people,

Today I am going to share an another altered project with you all. Every time when I am shopping, I end up buying some random bases. My creative mind envisages them as perfect platforms for artistic story telling (if that's a term :) !). So this time, I picked up a trowel and altered it glamorously with Finnabair paint and acrylics. I decided to go with two complementary colours to highlight the richness and vibrancy of these paints.




I started with a rough design composition in my mind and gessoed the selected embellishments from Finnabair in black. I also applied a coat of black gesso on the trowel. Once I was happy with the subtle textures I let it air dry thoroughly and created the composition with assorted metal embellishments layered and adhered using 3D matte gel. I love the way it holds the dimensional elements strongly. Priming the surface helps in achieving vibrant colour & prepares the base for seamless application of the subsequent layers.




Then I added Impasto paint in cobalt and diluted it so that it passes through the creases and reveals the details. Next, I added metallique acrylic in royal blue. It has a smooth consistency and adds a satin glow to the composition. Once I was happy with the look, I brushed some old brass wax highlighting the details in an angle following the source of light.






Then I decided to cover the wooden part of the trowel with metallique steampunk copper acrylics to complement the rest of the design and colour composition. Finally I added some glitter powder and glass glitters to add some sparkling effect.

Here is a video showing the process.


The possibilities of these mediums and pastes when combined, are limitless. I hope you are inspired to create your own altered project with these beautiful paints and acrylics.

Happy crafting!
Bipasha


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...