Thursday 11 May 2023

Where the Magical Birds Live by Lori Woods

 Hello creative friends! There are two amazing new bird moulds in Finnabair’s latest release so I decided to create a project around them. 

I used Finnabair Sparks and Metallique paints to give the birds a bright and magical look so it seemed only right that I give them a magical home to live in!  I took the Finnabair Rusty Teapot and created a wood texture on it using 3d Gloss gel and brown acrylic paints. I dry-brushed white gesso over the top to highlight the wood texture.






Mechanical flowers and moss helped to give the teapot colour and decoration for the birds to sit on. You can watch the full process video here: 



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...