Friday 9 December 2022

Beauty in the darkness by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! It’s Lori @creative.crumbs here with you today. One of the things I love about the winter season is how the cold, dark, crisp nights seem to make the stars shine brighter in the sky.



I started this canvas with some stencilling and added mould elements until I had a basic centre point to work from. I then continued to add various details with a celestial theme like stars and clock faces.


Blues and purples formed the main colour palette then metallic waxes, paint and flakes created areas of highlight and interest. These products are all fantastic at creating variety in the shades and texture they can add to a project.




I finished with the ultimate starry night sparkle product- glitter! The Autumn palette was perfect to add warm shimmery details to the various elements.




I have a tutorial here for you to see the entire process and I hope this project inspires you to find the beauty in the darkness!




Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...