Thursday 14 July 2022

Moth canvas by Kasia Salmanowicz

Hello!

Finnabair surprised us this time with fantastic mould designs. Each of them is unique. You will find lots of insects, cogs, frames and clocks... I didn't know where to start at the beginning, so I used some of the new gears, frame and dragonfly to create a mixed media canvas.

In the beginning, I used one of the stencils with a white cracking paste. I applied the paste only in some places. Then all clay elements I covered with white gesso.


To make the composition, I used a large, rectangular frame, many cogs and gears, and a wonderful large dragonfly from New moulds: Baroque Frames, Pocket Watches, Mecha Moth and Love Machine. I also added a few metal embellishments and dry sticks.




I coloured the whole project with the Liquid Acrylic Paint series in four colours: Burnt Sienna, Carmine, Ink Black and Tiger Orange.



After thoroughly drying everything, I gently whitened it with gesso to emphasize some elements. Of course, I invite you to the tutorial that you can find on the Finnabair channel.

Hugs,

Kasia Salmanowicz

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...