Friday 21 May 2021

“Spring Masquerade” Altered Half Mask by Iveta Ziedina

Hello my friends!

Today I have a decorative piece inspired by the current season and longing for warmer weather!

Spring is my favourite time of the year, however this year I am still waiting for the usual spring warmth to come and stay, so when I sat down to create this project, pieces just came together and half way through the process I realised that this is exactly what inspired me, even if I wasn’t fully aware of it at first!

Does this ever happen to you? You sit down to create something without a sense of direction or intent - and things just come together by themselves, then you come out of the blur and realise that there was something moving you along the whole time really!






Well, this mask represents the not so pretty “slushy” and rainy and cold part of spring on the left side, that’s slowly being taken over by the awakening of the nature, beauty, colours and warmth.

I hope this little project will inspire you to create something inspired by spring and maybe if we make enough “gifts” for mother nature it will give us some warm weather! :D

Lots of love,

Iveta xxx

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...