Sunday 9 May 2021

May 2021 Art Recipe

 Hello friends,

Green colour appears almost everywhere these days! Grass, flowers, bushes, trees become more and more green after months of resting. So is our May moodboard :) It is filled with shades of green.

The moodboard and all details of our Art Recipe are available below. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboards consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.


Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Matte Wax
Mechanicals
Sparks
Tissue Paper

The colours: jungle green, dusty jade, dark mint


If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.


Challenge is open till June, 12th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________

This month Guest Designer is Oleksandr Azarov



Hello everyone! I'm so glad and honored to be here with you. For the new challenge I decorated a gift box. Covered the box with a paper napkin, added texture paste and decorative stones. Painted chipboard pieces and supplemented with blight cheerful colors. Tied some twine around the box and adhered an old looking sign. To touch up the overall project I added black splatter.





Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Inspiration from our team:


My inspiration:






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hello everyone! The stunning green palette of the May Art Recipe didn't leave me indifferent. Moreover, green is one of my favorite colors.




I couldn't decide which shade of green - warm or cold - I want to see in my work, so I’ve made two objects. I altered small glass vase and plastic bottle using different moulds and metal flowers (one from obligatory elements). I glued Tissue Paper to create beautiful background on vase(also one from obligatory elements). To add texture, I used Graphite paste and after it dried very well, I added green colors.




I was applying various acrylic paints and waxes and as the result I’ve got two mixed media objects in warm and cold colors. Which do you like more? I still find it difficult to answer :)).





I prepared video tutorial. Hope it will be interesting for you.




xoxo, Anastasia
(aka Nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



I worked on my green canvas for several days. I tried to capture this shade of green, but it kept escaping me. Although it was difficult, I stopped and decided that this is the green that I like. 


The composition of my work consists mainly of castings. A beautiful huge cog became the halo of my lost warrior princess. Why a warrior princess? Because her statue rests over the bones of her defeated enemies. How wonderful that you can find many sizes of bones in Finnabair molds. They can be fitted to almost any project.



Unfortunately, I  covered up the beautiful tissue paper with multiple media treatments. I decided that cracks would be a great match for this project. Once they were dry, I sprayed them with water and Liquid Acrylic in In Black color. This made the cracks more visible. The black paint also helped me bring out the details of the castings and gave depth and mystery to the whole project. 




I hope you enjoy my project and it will inspire you to create your own! 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hi gorgeous friends!
Following our beautiful and vintage looking moodboard  I’ve created a wooden based panel using three of Art Recipe ingredients – Matte Waxes, Sparks and Tissue Paper.
Sparks acrylic paints are one of my favorite Finnabair products and with adding of matte touch of Waxex you can get truly fabulous effect!
My project is about a beautiful woman, warm memories and old notes. 



I’ve used Musica Tissue Paper as a background. 



To make a background more interesting I’ve added a texture with Golden Nugget Paste using Vintage Wallpaper stencil and then stamped using different stamps of Finnabair and 7Dots Studio. After that I partially painted the edges of the panel with Sparks acrylic paints diluted with water. 


I’ve painted all the clay elements and chipboard with Sparks paints and then added a matte finish with Matte waxes.




As a final touch I’ve added microbeads and glass glitter. 



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post
2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog
3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on June, 12th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of June.
We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...