Monday 22 March 2021

A Little Piece of My Heart by Iveta Ziedina

 Hello my lovelies,

it’s me Iveta here today with a brand new inspiration project!

Today I have a very special and personal box to share with you, and it’s because this box was very heavily inspired by my home.

As some of you may know, I was born and raised in a tiny but beautiful country called Latvia. It wasn’t until I was almost an adult when I moved away. And when I moved away a little chunk of my heart stayed behind, somewhere in between my home and the airport.

And so this little box is my attempt at paying tribute to that little piece of soul that will forever stay there, 2000 miles away.


The idea to create this little box came when I saw the beautiful new moulds that our lovely Finnabair created. I love them all, and it was a tough choice between one of the lovely Queens of Steam and this gorgeous and a little bit less fancy lady from Vintage Portraits.



I ended up choosing her to represent me, located just where that little piece of my heart stayed.

My other highlight of this project was the little plate I added right at the very end with one of the truest statements of all “Be true to yourself, Always”. Which is something that took me 11 years to do.

So… before I soak the whole keyboard in tears as I’m typing away, my final words of wisdom from this months conversation.

If you have a piece of soul that decided to stay elsewhere when your life changed upside down, create something. Create something special and pay a tribute to it. It may not fix you, or put your little heart back together.. but it may just help you get that one step closer to accepting it’s new form.

This is where I leave you to watch the video tutorial where you can see how this box came to be :)

Enjoy, and I will see you next time!

Iveta xxx

List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:

1 comment:

mamablitger said...

Hello Iveta. Thank you for a lovely video showing how you created this lovely box. It turned out so pretty with great embellishments and gorgeous colors. I love the result of your efforts. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...