Wednesday 24 March 2021

The witch by Olga Sępkowska

You can find her in a forest full of mystery and magic. She walks around in her dress woven from dreams thinking about recipes for magic potions. She is the one who stands on the border between life and death: the witch.

This project started with a piece of cloth. I wondered how I could use it. And after a while I was making a dress out of it, although I didn't know exactly for whom yet. After a longer while in the company of this mysterious person I knew that it would be magical, with skulls and bones. 


A magic project without waxes? I couldn't resist and reached for the metallic ones. I love that moment when the black painted castings from the moulds get a glamorous boost. Plus all those beautiful pastes to enhance the magic in the project - I just love it.



It doesn't take much to make bones and skulls look great. My number one choice is black gesso and impasto in linen. With a dry brush you can get all the beautiful textures of the casts quickly and easily. Then it's just a matter of adding a little drama with the shadows. 



I hope you enjoy my project. Of course I recorded the whole process! Maybe it will inspire you to create your own projects with witches? Have fun with it!

Hugs!

Olga



List of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...