Wednesday 23 December 2020

Winter art-journal cover by Iveta Ziedina

 Hello my lovelies!

In my December blog post I’m not going to talk about what I used and applied, and in which order, you can see me do it step by step in the video below. :)

Today I want to share some thoughts and lessons that were brought up when I made this project.

Remember I said sometimes I will just go for it, without thinking much, just to see what happens and sometimes it will turn out great and other times, not so much.

Well, what do you know, the “not so much” happened this time. I did not like the result of the first colour combination I applied. First I panicked. Then I remembered - “Oh wait, It’s just paint! I know how to fix it! “ So I dug out the White Gesso and painted over, to start from scratch!

This was a simple “mistake” but one that I make very often. Some may say that this kind of thing should not happen once you’ve been doing something long enough. I however think that if “mistakes” like that stop happening to you, you’re playing too safe. When you play safe and stick to your comfort zone, you stop growing, and at that point, what is the purpose of creating?

Many people that I have met along the way are afraid of making mistakes, so they choose to play safe. Some even choose not to play at all, because you can’t make a mistake if you never even start right?

So maybe, just maybe, if you are someone that relates to what I mentioned above, this little tid bit of my creative journey will inspire you to pick some supplies up, and get on the road of creativity!


What’s the worst that could happen?

“It doesn't matter where they're goin'. What matters is deciding to get on.” - The Polar Express. (My favourite Christmas Movie, thought it was fitting)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

selena said...

magnifique , j adore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...