Wednesday 30 December 2020

Be in the moment by Aleksandra Mihelic

 Hello dear Finnabair friends and fans,

Well... this year is finally coming to an end. I’m sure some of us are happy to be so, as this year was more challenging than most of average ones. But although there was much tensions and stress in this year with the situation around the world, I do believe it was also a year for personal growth. And one thing that I learned from this past year and I began to learn also in previous years that were sadly also none easier for me than this one, was to live and be in the moment. Sadly, all we have is now and here... yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised to any of us, so let’s just be in a moment for a while and try to enjoy it while it last. I learned that challenges are also easier to overcome this way.

I decided to work with the image of the moon. Night is one of the most difficult parts of the “day” for me. I am busy through the day keeping everything in order, taking care of my family and kids, household, finishing my custom orders and taking care of my design team obligations... but when day ends and when everything gets quiet around the house, that is the time, when sometimes doubts and fears sneak out and start to bug me. So, for the last few days I’m trying to work on me being calm in the evening so I can get some peace and some proper rest from the busy day. And I noticed it makes a big big difference.


So here is my project for this month that I made inspired by the above words. I first covered my canvas with Finnabair tissue paper “Romantica” using soft matte gel and then added a bit of “Violet” and “Ultramarine” Liquid acrylics. I then added some corrugated cardboard and some added texture with Graphite texture paste. I dry brushed over everything with some white gesso and added some new Unicorn effect paste “Magic Potion”. Boy I love these Unicorn effect pastes. I’m so happy some new ones were released. They are absolutely one of my favourite products by far. I then used some rust effect pastes to color chipboard that is a part of my focal point. I also covered my metal embellishments and moon cast with some waxes and arranged everything into a composition. I then added some finishing touches with glass glitter, glitter and splatters.






Here is also video tutorial that you can follow and is available on Finnabair youtube channel:


I hope you liked my project.

I wish to you a very happy new year, a beautiful celebration with your dear ones. Stay safe, stay healthy and may new year bring us more peace and more happiness. 

Love and hugs,

Aleksandra 


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...