Friday 25 December 2020

A box for New Year's resolutions by Olga Sępkowska

 Decorating boxes gives me a lot of pleasure. It's nice to have something pretty that also has a useful function. I'm still wondering what I'm going to hide in this box. Maybe some New Year's resolutions? 

I tried to keep the composition rich and interesting without stacking it too high. I used my favourite resign castings from Finnabair molds and metal embellishments. I fulfilled the composition with art stones and art pebbles. 


Before I started creating, I secured the box and decorations with black gesso. This also made it easier for me to get shadows on my project. Textured pastes, liquid acrylics and impasto paints allowed me to obtain a variety of colours. I highlighted the details with metallic paint and paint from the Sparks series. At the end, I used matt wax to enhance the shadows.

And finally, I added a little bit of shine with a new paste.

Here is my step-by-step tutorial. Enjoy it!

Have a nice day!

Olga

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...