Sunday 13 December 2020

December Art Recipe

Hello friends,

December is here! In this magical time we are all focused on Christmas gifts, shopping, cooking, baking and generally speaking making preparations :) If however you will find some time for your creative spark, we are here to inspire you. The moodboard and all details of our Art Recipe are available below. 

____________________________________________________________________________

We hope you have familiarized already with our new visual moodboards, that consist of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live usually each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Mica Flakes
Sparks
Pebbles
White gesso

The colours: pine green, mustard yellow/old gold, peach



If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till January, 9th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

_________________________________________________________________________

This month Guest Designer is Tetiana Yakubova

instagram
facebook

Hello friends! I'm so happy to be here as a guest designer and showing you my project.

The December Moodboard is amazing!!! I decided to decorate the base in the shape of a clock.

First I added a textured paste, and when it dried I applied a white gesso. I added colors with dry paints.

l decorated my project the Mechanicals - Bottle Caps,  a chipboard,  a flowers and other and on top dry-brushed with white gesso to give it a bit frozen effect. I like very much use art stones with my project.


For finishing touch, I added some Glass Glitter. 

From the listed products I've decided to use white gesso and pebbles. 

I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today and it gives you some ideas for your own creative hours."

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Inspiration from our team:




Hello,
December is Christmas month, so my Art Recipe project for this month is a Christmas decoration. I used elements related to the Christmas, such as cones, spruce twigs, snowflakes, baubles, trees ... I encourage you to take part in the challenge and to interpret the Moodboard, which you can find on the Finnabair blog.



My project is based on a circle shape. I decided to create a wreath around it, with sticks, bark, cones, but also decorative HDF elements and green twigs. 






Decorations such as small tenement houses, snowflakes, Christmas trees and the base itself were covered with white gesso. I glued all the elements with Heavy Body Gel. For coloring, I used paint from the Sparks series in Green Goblin, one of the Rust Effect Paste and a bit of Liquis acrylic paint Burnt Sienna. The sparks paint glistens on the sticks and twigs;)) I hope you like such decorations using what nature has provided.
Have a nice day,
Kasia Salmanowicz


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Hello my lovely friends,
The project that you can see this time, came together really easily and quickly.
The Inspiration board did it’s thing and filled me up with a vert light, airy, festive feeling, so I just had to create something that reflected that feeling.



First I created the composition using a Plywood heart and snowflakes I already had lying around, then added a Liquid Plastic casted clock and a couple of mechanicals from Finnabair.



I also added a little bit of the raised stencil effect on the side opposite the snowflakes so that it did not feel all left out and lonely.



I used white gesso as my base colour, then added some Ochre and Avocado green Liquid acrylic to represent that light and natural feel of the mood board.



I went back in with white gesso and lightened it up, then added a tiny bit of colour splashing using Sparks in Ginger Magic.



Lastly, to finish it all off I rubbed on a tiny bit of Metallique Wax in Rose Gold over the tops of all raised elements, and added a couple of Art pebbles.



It’s safe to say, I am in love with this simple yet elegant project and I hope it has sparked some ideas in your head!
Lots of Love,
Iveta xxx


 Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




Hello everyone!
December is time for festive mood and I prepared  three mixed media Christmas cards as inspiration for our Art Recipe this month. I used Prima`s Spring Farm House papers as a base, but I choose neutral  toned  ones and combined them with some cut out elements from This Miracle Night by Craft O`Clock. 



Few years ago I took smaller oranges and cut them in even slices. Then I arranged  them on a baking paper and  in the oven they went. 











I find them perfect for Christmas cards and they went so well with our moodboard for December. A bit of twine in coral, some Prima poinsettia, Ginger Magic Sparks as accent color, lots of white gesso with a sponge and green leaves colored with Avocado Green Liqiud Acrylic.
And I just couldn’t resist not to use some waxes here and there as always. My cards were ready.

 

 Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Hi everyone! Anastasia is here with new Christmas tree decoration. Besides unique glass baubles I have been collecting various wooden and metal horses. Sometimes I find interesting wood bases and decorate them in different styles.



I’ve used tissue paper as a first layer and I like that it visible in some places only. As a decorative elements I’ve used moulds, metal embellishments and pebbles.



I've choose two products from obligatory ones. These are sparks acrylic paint and Pebbles.
I’ve added a bit Impasto acrylic paint Lemon Peel to Metallique paint Spring Blossom to get peach color. With this mix I've covered horse’s body. I've applied Green Goblin paint on the bottom of the base and mixed the Vintage Gold and Bronze Age waxes to get the old gold color.



Join to our beautiful and festive December Art Recipe!
Hugs, Anastasia(aka Nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post
2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog
3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on January, 9th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of January.
We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...