Thursday 2 December 2021

The most magical month by Kasia Salmanowicz

Hello,

the most magical month of the year is ahead of us. I really like creating Christmas projects, they are really special to me. I have a mixed media layout for you in bright colours. I also invite you to the video tutorial in which you will learn all the details.

I decided to make my project on a canvas. In the beginning, I used one of the Finnabair stencils in combination with a texture paste. I applied it pointwise so that the pattern did not fill the entire surface.


After drying, I added the HDF Christmas tree in a pot, and then I reached for various types of accessories. There are beautiful metal embellishments from Finnabair, lace, bow, dry sticks, plastic cabochons and small HDF accessories. I glued larger elements with Heavy Body Gel, and accessories like lace with 3d Matte Gel because it has a more fluid structure and is so comfortable for me.


Then I dried the whole elements very thoroughly and covered it all with white gesso. Some elements had to be painted several times to get better coverage.


For colouring my layout, I chose paints from the Liquid Acrylic Paint series  Burnt Sienna, Green Avocado and Black Ink. Plus a little water so that the colours are not too intense. I dried the coloured design thoroughly and additionally whitened some elements. I really wanted this project to be very clear and white. In addition, I used Crushed Ice paste, which shines beautifully so it fits perfectly with the atmosphere of Christmas and winter projects.

Hugs and I wish you a Merry Christmas,

Kasia Salmanowicz

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...