Wednesday 22 December 2021

A night-time story by Olga Sępkowska

In the beginning, I imagined this project very differently. It was supposed to be dark and mysterious. When I got to the point where I should actually finish the project, I realized that I wasn't happy with the result. However, white gesso can save us from any trouble. Sometimes imagination plays tricks. The project that arises in the mind transferred onto the canvas is not what it was supposed to be. But there is no need to get angry when this happens. Even more so, you cannot put the paintbrush aside. You have to look for a solution, think about what will help to save the project. White or black gesso is an ally in such situations. You can always paint over everything and start again. 


The moon, which has become the focal point of the work, spreads a glow around itself. It was surrounded by various metal embellishments: rosettes, flowers. Mould impressions: wings, a frame, stars, became perfect companions. I also used smaller ornaments to complete the composition and give it character. 





The process of creating my project can of course be followed in the film. Enjoy!


Hugs!

Olga

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...