Saturday 18 December 2021

Christmas Skies by Emilia Tapiola

Hello, dear Finnabair friends, 

Christmas themed vintage art journaling is one of my favourite things, and listening to the Christmas carols, having some candles, and cinnamon-scented coffee to go with it, is always a bliss… 

Here’s a journal spread I created for my Christmas journal.

I tidied up my desk and used as many leftovers from my previous projects as possible, and that is how I ended up using just the materials I used…

First, I glued some vintage papers with Soft Matte Gel onto the pages, to attach the separate pages into a journal spread, and then primed everything with white Heavy Gesso.

Next, I used Machinery and Dandelions stencils with Modeling Paste to create a starry winter sky effect and painted the pages with a soft layer of Impastos Pitch Black and Dark Chocolate to highlight the stencil designs. 


Next, I used prints, laces, and die cuts to decorate the pages, and as a final touch, added some Golden Dragon Effect Paste and Gold Metallic Flakes, and finally sprinkled Snow White Impasto paint on top of everything.

Here’s a video of the process:

I wish you a sparkling and blessed Christmas time,

Emilia


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...