Sunday 12 December 2021

December 2021 Art Recipe

 Hello friends,

Winter is white and blue mostly. This month Art Recipe prefers muted colours and aged items. Maybe it will inspire you to upcycle something, to give it another life. 


____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboard consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of a colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Stamps

Impasto Paint

Mechanicals

Matte Wax

The colours: beige, light blue, rich brown

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till January, 8th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________


This month Guest Designer is Xènia. Instants de paper


Hello Friends!!! I’m very lucky and very happy to be the Guest Designer on the Finnabair blog.
The colours palette reminds me of the warm winter afternoons in front of the fireplace, the smell of cinnamon and a good cup of tea or coffee !!



As it is the challenge of December and Christmas is breathed in the atmosphere, I have decided to make a Christmas decorative element.

I used the impasto paints to colour all the backgrounds and the matte and metallic waxes to highlight the different elements.


The support is composed of three different superimposed stars, the first cracked, the second with stencil and the third that I use as support for the composition.


I used the matte waxes to highlight all the decorative elements (chipboard, resin pieces, metallic elements…) and the metallic waxes to give a touch of magic and light.

Also I used a sticker from Sentiments.



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Inspiration from our team:


Hello dear Finnabair friends and fans,

I love creating winter and Christmas projects. December is a special time of the Year for me. It fills me with hope and I feel like hope is the one thing we all need in times we are in now. Hope and Love. And Joy also helps to get through everything that is happening around us. 😊 And with these things in mind I created my project for this month’s Art Recipe. I hope you will enjoy it and be inspired by it. 

I first altered my pot. I coloured it with Impasto paint. I used two shades – Manor Blue and Mediterranean. On top I went with three different Matte waxes – Stained Wood, Ochre and Old White. I added my Christmas tree and “dressed” it with cheesecloth. On top, I added some Snowflake texture paste and some art stones in all three sizes. I spilt half of the jar of big art stones because I was extra clumsy that day. πŸ˜€ After everything was dry, I added lots of Mechanicals pieces to embellish my tree and for the final touch, I added some glass glitter on top, using Matte gel.  




Now the tree is already resting on my Window shelf, waiting for Christmas to come. 😊

Enjoy your December!

Hugs, Aleksandra

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Hello, dear Finnabair friends, 

This December Art Recipe includes some colours that I love to use in my crafting: light blue and browns. I created a winter themed altered tray for a candle. I found a terribly ugly melamine plate from a flea market and bought it because it had such a beautiful shape that I knew would work perfectly in some project. And it did! Here’s how I did it.

First, I layered the tray with some scraps of Finnabair tissue paper, to make sure gesso or paints won’t start peeling off at some point. I attached the tissue paper with Soft Matte Gel, and then primed the tray with white Heavy Gesso. Then I added a layer of Texture Paste Clear Crackle and let it dry overnight.

I wanted the tray to look like a winter forest on a plate, so created a composition with all kinds of Mechanicals and Mini and Mega Art Stones and glued them with Heavy Body Gel. Then I primed everything with white gesso.

I tried to get a faded driftwood look for the tray, and used Impastos Snow White, Manor Blue, and a hint of Pitch Black and Dark Chocolate to get the shades right. To get a bit more contrast, I mixed Liquid Acrylics Ink Black, and Burnt Sienna and added some here and there.




Then I wanted some golden, warm glow on the tray, and used Effect Paste Golden Dragon and Vintage Metallic Flakes.

As the finishing touch I added a hint of Matte Wax Old White, Ochre, and Stained Wood and Opal Magic Wax Vintage Silk all over the tray and sprinkled some white Impasto paint on it.

Wishing you magical winter moments,

Emilia

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Hello,

As soon as I saw the moodboard for December, I knew I had to do a project related to it. Shades of brown and blue;) And all this in a Christmas atmosphere. Stars, Christmas trees, snowflakes ...

I created a winter duo - two mini canvases with winter motifs. I glued all the elements together with 3D Matte Gel. I put my elements in layers. I used many different metal embellishments from Finnabair. For this cabochons resemble crystals. They come in many sizes in one package, which is very convenient. In addition, a few additives are made of HDF material, a paste that cracks in white colour and pieces of wooden boards.


After arranging everything, I dried it thoroughly and painted it white. Later, I used acrylic paints from the Impasto series. They have beautiful colours ;) I have diluted the brown colour a lot.



After drying, I used a light blue colour. I painted it very delicately, emphasizing only some elements. Finally, a bit of white to make it even more wintry.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas,

Kasia Salmanowicz

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Hello everyone!

It`s this time of the year when all of us crafters are in a hurry to create Christmas projects. And no matter if it`s going to be a card or tag, canvas or object, we all love to create cheery, white, frosty projects. 

Here are my mini tags for my colleagues at work, which they can use as a tree decoration as well. 












Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



The beautiful moodboard inspired me to create a project with the moon as the focal point. I decided to give a second life to a plain old plank of wood. It gives my project a rustic look.

I protected the board with white gesso in some places and then, to add variety to the background, I added some impasto paint in a blue shade using a spatula. In between, I painted the chipboards with matte waxes. One coat was enough to make them look beautiful. I also prepared the castings by painting them with brown impasto paint. 

I completed the project with a large rusty cog found in my dad's garage and other metal embellishments. I gently rubbed the finished composition with white gesso using a dry brush technique. To lighten the composition I added some balls and splashed the whole project with white paint. 



I hope you like my project and it will inspire you to create your winter crafts. 

Hugs!

Olga

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post

2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave information on where to find them on your project in the description on your blog

3. Enter using Inlinkz below.

Challenge will be closed on January, 8th. The lucky winner will be announced by the end of January.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...