Monday 23 August 2021

In other words by Olga Sępkowska

 An old piece of wood became the beginning of a project whose meaning can be interpreted in many ways. One might ask who the couple on top of the house is. Perhaps they are phantoms trying to scare off uninvited guests. On the other hand, maybe they are people who are guarding some kind of secret. Rusty objects, bottles, gauze imitating dust and empty watch pockets. All arranged in a curious way, maybe this is a time machine? Or maybe they're running some kind of experiment. What do you think this project is about?

It's not often that I get to create projects without castings. This time I managed to do it. Although there was a moment when I held a few resin cogs in my hand. I stopped myself. I wanted to give a special meaning to each element I was placing on the project. In the video you can see every decision I made when it came to the composition. The first idea that pops into our heads isn't always perfect. Sometimes it's worth taking a moment and asking yourself if I'm happy with what I've put together. 



Have you seen the new stencils? "Victorian tiles" is perfect for rustic projects and when I was done I was so glad I chose it. I also used a matte wax from the new collection which allowed me to age the couple's photo and the loft. 

All the steps of creating my project can be seen on the video, of course: 


Hugs!

Olga


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...