Tuesday 3 August 2021

Finnabair Fall release - inspiration part 2

Hello friends,

We are today on the blog with another load of inspiration from the team. All projects include new products - stencils and/or waxes.


Hi creative friends! Anastasia is here. I'd like to show you mixed media cover of art junk book.  I used new Finnabair stencils "Book of numbers" and "Ghostwriter", applying one of my favorite texture paste Graphite through them.



The composition consists of nature materials, paint brush, die-cut elements and metal elements - rusty nail and flower.

For coloring some elements, I used acrylic paints, embossing powders and also Liquid acrylic paint Burnt Sienna and waxes Fire Ruby, Aged Brass.



Hugs, Anastasia (aka Nastyalena)

New Products (soon available in stores):
Finnabair Stencil - Book of numbers, Ghostwriter

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



The new Finnabair stencils are absolutely and tremendously fabulous for art journaling purposes, so of course I wanted to have a go immediately! Here’s the how.



First, I attached a vintage book page onto the Finnabair Art Daily Journal, using Soft Matte Gel, and then added a soft layer of white Heavy Gesso on top. With Modeling Paste and the gorgeous new Documented stencil, I then created a lovely background and painted the page using Liquid Acrylics Burnt Sienna, Ink Black, and Umber. Then I attached a pressed, dried fern leaf, some crinkled cardboard, and tiny bit of lace onto the page with Soft Matte Gel and added a Finnabair Sentiments and Vintage Photobooth stickers on top and painted them too to look old and distressed. As a finishing touch, I splashed some white gesso all over the page.

New Products (soon available in stores):
Finnabair Stencil - Documented

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:



Do you like using stencils in your projects? I like it  very much;) they give you a lot of possibilities and create a unique background. Each surface becomes beautifully filled.

On the rectangular base, which I covered with white gesso, I applied one of the new Finnabair stencils (there are a lot of them, be sure to visit the store!) Using white modeling paste. Then, with the help of a heavy body gel, I glued metal embellishments. 




I colored the whole with liquid acrylic paint in a shade of brown, and then added one new waxes. They work together beautifully. I splashed it all with black gesso and stained the edges.

Hugs,

Kasia Salmanowicz

New Products (soon available in stores):
Finnabair Stencil - Book of Numbers
Art Alchemy Matte Wax - Ochre

Full list of supplies with active links to Mixed Media Place store:

We will show more projects soon! So stay tuned if you want to be inspired.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...