Sunday 8 August 2021

August 2021 Art Recipe

Hello friends,

It's August and we hope you are either right after holiday or right before it :) And today we are here with inspiration from our Guest Designer and our talented Team Members.

The moodboard and all details of our Art Recipe are available below. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboards consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Jewel Paste

Pebbles

Impasto

Glitter


The colours: purple, rich yellow, fern green

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till September, 11th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________

This month Guest Designer is Nelli

instagram
facebook
youtube

Hello, everyone!

I’m happy to be Guest Designer. And.. 

I would to show my project about emotion August. 





Background is covered texture paste with a little bit paints. Stamps! Painted clay figures and added cutting of papers. 

At the end glitter! 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Inspiration from our team:


Hello!

My turn to show something I made inspired by this months Art Recipe!

I love these challenges so much! It’s such a great way to explore new techniques, colours and product combinations!

As always, I first got very inspired by the colours of this mood board. So I used Impasto paints that represent colours of this mood board to paint the organiser.

Next I used some black gesso and stencil brush to tone everything down a little bit and add a more grungy look.

I then used Jewel effect paste in sparkling onyx to create grungy raised stencil all around the sides of the organiser and added a tiny little bit of Golden Dust jewel effect paste in the corner for some extra bling!

This was a very fun challenge to do and I hope you get inspired too!!

Iveta x

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Hello friends! August Moodboard is so vibrant and joyful made me want to run and start creating immediately. I made a trio of free form ATC, house shaped. 






My idea of the House trio was feature different style and 'shades" of Joy. I'm so looking forward for seeing what you dears are coming with. Have fun creating! xoxo

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Hello crafty fellows!

I have a habit of keeping all tin or metal, glass or wooden objects, and some other stuff that usually have to go to the bin. And normally I would`ve thrown them too. 

But since I`m a crafter, I tend to keep all things that look cute, or think I can use in some project, or just in case. I guess you are pretty familiar with all this, if you are crafter too.

So this little metal box came home after I bought some chocolate candies this last Valentine`s day. Heart shaped, small, cute and perfect for altering. I decided it`ll be my needle box. Because I love to sew some little things and I was in need of one.




So I used our moodboard as inspiration and started playing with pastes and paints and this is the result. I hope you`ll be inspired by it. 

Happy crafting!

Hugs, Martina.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Hello, friends!

A new Art Recipe inspired me to create a summer brush holder. I took a glass jar, degreased it and covered it with 2 layers of White Heavy Gesso. Then I applied a White Crackle Paste in some places. After the paste was dry, I applied the Jewel Effect Paste through a new stencil by Finnabair. I also added Impasto paints by mixing it with water to get a subtle translucent effect.




As the main element for my composition, I took a clay figure, which I made with the help of a mold by Finnabair. For this figure, I picked up the butterfly wings from the Mechanicals set . I also covered them with white White Heavy Gesso and Impasto paints. I also took old scissors and covered them with Black Heavy Gesso.




For my work, Vintage Art Pebbles were very suitable for me. After I glued all the decorative elements together, I went over the surface of the can with stamps and Waxes. At the very end, I added accents in the form of sequins, beads and lilac glitter by Finnabair from the set. I pasted the accents on the Soft Gloss Gel.

Thank you for your attention! I look forward to your projects this month.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post

2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog

3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on September,11th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of September.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...