Sunday 11 October 2020

October Art Recipe

Hello friends,

This time of the year is traditionally golden-brown-red. But although on Autumn our thoughts are tend to wander around the themes connected with fading, wading, passing and all the things, we would like to push you a bit in different direction. Our inspiration for this month are rustic brown, powder pink and deep green, so it's fabulous moment to use wood,  green leaves, powder pink flowers, but also coniferous twigs, photos of coniferous woods, dried flowers, herbs, leaves, pink feathers and mushrooms. It is up to you, which way your imagination chooses.

____________________________________________________________________________

We hope you have familiarized already with our new visual moodboards, that consist of:
- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right
- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle
- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live usually each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________


The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:
Icing Paste
Micro Beads
Mechanicals
Metallique Waxes

The colours: powder pink, deep green, rustic brown.

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till November, 7th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

_________________________________________________________________________

This month Guest Designer is Alicja S


facebook
instagram
youtube

Hello friends! I'm so happy to be here as a guest designer again showing you my project.

This month's Art Recipe with inspired me with its nice color palette to create this mixed media panel. After priming the base with the white gesso, I created the textured background with icing paste applied through the stencil - oriental wall and some crackle and texture pastes used with palette knife. I found a nice photo from art daily vintage photobooth and compose it as my focal point.





From the listed products I've decided to use gold Micro Beads. Mechanicals - my favourite leaves, brown Metallique Wax and pearl icing paste mixed with green pigment and sugar pebbles.



Inspiration from our team:



Hello crafty friends! 
The October Moodboard is amazing! Definitely my favourite combination! I had a few ideas inspired by the Mood-board and I've chosen the one I knew would give me much joy - a couple of long door panels. 



I wanted to achieve both bold and soft effects in each of the doors, to get it I've painted both doors frames with the Dark Green, simulated wood and metal and used flowers together with lace embroidery fabrics. 










Each one was built a bit different, using in part, distinct techniques and products. Looking forward to seeing your creations for this month! Xoxo 



I have give my plate a green base and added touches of rust with the Liquid Acrylic paints. The Carmine when you spray water on the paint it give like a rusty effect. Have been dry brushing carefully to tone down my project.







Katja






Deep green absolutely fascinates me. There is something magical in it, something that fills me with peace and calm. 




I decided to decorate the base in the shape of a fern leaf. To paint it quickly I chose liquid acrylic paints. I achieved deep green color with Emerald and Black Ink. When everything was green (leaf and castings composition) I started adding bronzes.




The composition needed a shine, so I used wax in Vintage Gold color. The same color, but in the form of Icing paste can be found on the edges of the leaves. Using pink color in my projects is quite a challenge for me. A ribbon, a flower and a bit of splashing, I think it's a lot for me anyway.

And finally, a beautiful plate with an inspiring inscription - I love Finnabair mechanicals embellishments!



* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post
2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog
3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on November, 6th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of November.
We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...