Monday 16 December 2019

Altered ornaments by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hello dear Finnabair friends and fans,

The magical month of December is finally here. We were just rejoicing over receiving our first snow this year. I love the look on the magical white snowy landscape. It kind of brings me comfort and piece in my heart. It seems like the busy and fast world we live in just stops and slow down for a while. Soon it will be Christmas day. I would love nothing more than having snow for Christmas. It’s a special time of the year, which becomes even more special with magical snow touch. Kids are asking me for a few days now, when we will put up our Christmas tree. I wanted to have something special this year. Our Christmas ornaments from the past few years kind of became a bit boring to me. I wanted to have a change. And instead of buying new ornaments, I decided to make my old ones new again.


I wanted to have soft, pastel colors with a Vintage touch, so I decided to use beautiful Pastel Impasto paints in different shades. Firstly, I made some embellishments using various Finnabair moulds and some paper clay. I love to work with it for such occasions, since it is really light and I can bend it on top of my ornament. I attached it with 3D Matte gel and wait for it to dry. Then I covered my ornaments with selected Impasto paints. I didn’t put gesso first, because Impasto paints itself are pretty thick and have a good coverage. Still I decided to color my ornaments with three layers of Impasto paint to achieve complete coverage.






After my colored ornaments were dry, I decided to add some final touch with Vintage Gold wax on top. I love the Vintage look that this step gave to my ornaments. 
There is also a video tutorial on Finnabair studio youtube channel for my ornaments, so you can make some beautiful ones for your Christmas tree too.



I hope you liked my project and it inspired you to create something beautiful for your home too this Christmas season. I wish to all of you happy and blessed Christmas holidays and see you back again in new year.
Hugs, Aleksandra


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh these are GORGEOUS and look like FUN to make!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...