Monday 1 July 2019

Vintage family portrait by Kasia Bogatko

Hello,
today I have a vintage project for you. I wanted it to look like an old family portrait. I really enjoy working with such old photos, imagining what history is behind them. I try to approach them with feelings and heart. This project is full of layers and different elements, but thanks to painting all with black gesso, they match perfectly.


When it comes to technical issues, the main products responsible for this old look are the black gesso and the black water-soluble pencil. Black gesso is a great primer for paints and waxes, which emphasize all the details of resin elements or chipboards. Note that by using liquid acrylic paints on the background, we only dilute the pencil, not our color. These paints are permanent after drying. Thanks to this, we get great shadows instead of a muddy stain.







In this artwork, I mainly wanted to show you how I build layers. Below you will find a video that is a bit slower and more detailed than usual so that you can see it exactly. I hope you like it and encourage you to create.



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

Sandra C. said...

Kasia, This is beautiful! I really like your layering technique. Is the first black piece you glued down a mold? I really like it. Thanks for sharing your art, I'm a fan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...