Monday 22 July 2019

Make a wish upon a starfish by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hi dear Finnabair friends and fans,

I haven't been so active around social media lately due to some serious health issues. But I missed creating so so much and I couldn't wait to sit again behind my desk and just play. I'm enjoying warm and sunny summer days we have here in Slovenia. Kids are on school holidays for two months and everything is happening a bit more slowly than usually. I love watching them enjoy their summer days, playing, exploring, discovering and learning new things. We've spent few days at the beach and it was so serene and relaxing! And still in this serene mood I decided to prepare for you a summer creation. Summer is a time when we usually take some time for ourselves, to evaluate our past months, recharge our batteries and make some plans for the coming months. So "Make a wish Upon a Starfish" would perfectly describe this time... don't you think? I've altered a gorgeous seashell wooden base from Woodouts. I've added tons of amazing Finnabair mediums and colors and embellishments and I've also added some gorgeous Prima additions to my project. I hope you'll like it!



First I added some fabric to my Starfish wooden base to add some texture and then covered everything with a coat of white gesso. After that I applied some White crackle paste and some black sand paste and covered again with a thin coat of white gesso here and there to tone it down a bit. I then added a Starfish. I decided to add some color with "Linen" Impasto paint and new gorgeous Sparks paint "Chest of Gold". I also applied some art stones of all three different sizes.




Then I added some Prima flowers and a quote from "Pretty Pale" Journaling cards collection. And I've also added some Finnabair metal stars embellishments and few Vintage Melange Art Pebbles. I then added on top some rust texture fantasy pastes - "Dusty" from Camouflage set and "Cream" from Old Walls set. For the finishing touch I sprinkled some Glass Glitter on top in "Gold Rush" and "Copper" and few splashes of heavily diluted white Impasto paint.




I also prepared a video tutorial for you to follow along and try it out for yourself.



I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today and it inspires you to create some gorgeous summer art pieces.

Enjoy your summer days and see you back soon!

Hugs, Aleksandra



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


1 comment:

Crea Red said...

Awesome project, love the soft colours and all the ingredients you used
Greatings Crea Red

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...