Monday 24 December 2018

Winter lantern by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hi dear Finnabair friends and fans,

Christmas is very very near, knocking on the door! Soon it will be New Year's day. I love Christmas and New Year. It always reminds me of my childhood memories, which I cherish so much more, since both my parents are now gone way too soon. I remember Christmas as being special time of the year, when everything slowed down and there was enough time for some beautiful Family moments. Time spent together, making memories to cherish for life. But I noticed that things are changing in the last few years. Life is getting too busy and we are constantly chasing some things that we still have to do. And we so easily forget what really matters in this special and precious time of the year.



Inspired by that thought I have today for you an altered Lantern that reminds me of cozy and warm Christmas moments in our Homes with those we love. "Be in the moment" this Holidays. Not to chase around to catch as many shallow Holiday moments as possible, but just to enjoy in those few special ones.








I was looking for such Lantern to alter for quite some time and it just happened so that it came to my path right on time to make this project for you.









I first covered my Lantern with Heavy White gesso and then with a coat of Plaster Paste. I let it dry and added bits of Platinum Crackle Texture Paste. When dry I colored everything with gorgeous deep blue Metallique color - Royal Blue. I then started adding some snow effects to the lantern, first attaching some cotton wool with Soft Matte Gel and then covering it with gorgeous Snowflake paste, sprinkled with some artificial snow and some White glitter. I added some chipboards, flowers and Finnabair Metal embellishments and covered randomly with Powder Blue Rust Effect Paste from Northern Lights Rust Paste set.

There is a video tutorial added on Finnabair youtube channel for you. I hope you'll enjoy it!



I love the outcome on this and can't wait to put it in my home to bring some magic in this Holiday time, when we will be gathered around Christmas tree, drinking hot Tea and playing Family Board games with my little ones.

I wish to you all beautiful and joyful Holiday season and I'm looking forward starting new, amazing year with you all!

Hugs, Aleksandra


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

I hope that your Christmas would be enjoyable and may the essence of Christmas remain always with you. Merry Christmas .
Ryoma.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...